Quantcast

Why does santa cruz do this?

Dog Welder

Turbo Monkey
Sep 7, 2001
Pasadena, CA
I got the chance to ride the Blur at the Dirt Demo at Interbike...and all I can say was that I have NEVER been so impressed by one bike in my years of riding....except for the M1 but that's a completely different discipline. Anyways I rode the XL blur and it fit real well, I especially liked the plushness of the suspension and how active it was through out its travel, though when I checked out their catalogue I noticed that as the size of the bike increases so does the head angle...so much so that there's a 1.5 degree difference between the s and the xl. why is that? second of all I always heard that the Intense spider is a more race oriented vpp bike and that it has steeper angles to accomplish that task...but after looking at their specs, the spider's head angle is a half a degree slacker. I didn't get the chance to ride the xl SPider and was hoping to figure out of the spider is really is slacker and as plush/active in the suspension as the blur...so if anyone has ridden both bikes in the same size...id appreciate some input...

oh and as a downhiller..who hasn't ridden cross country in about a year....I never dropped out of the middle ring while climibing hte blur...I even climbed in the big ring in some sections...I have NEVER done this...This bike makes me want to take up XC again.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
The bigger bikes have a much longer wheelbase so they give it a steeper head angle so the bike does not handle like a truck. The Blur has pretty long chainstays so you could run a setback post and a shorter stem to keep the front wheel farther in front of you while still keeping your weight centered.