Quantcast

Why does the Oxi-Clean guy have to scream ALL THE TIME?

partsbara

Turbo Monkey
Nov 16, 2001
getting Xtreme !
it s american advertising... i m convinced you people won t buy a product until some a-hole yells at you telling you that you can t live without it...

binary visions

The voice of reason
Jun 13, 2002
NC
Admit it, though, you know what the commercial is and you know what product they're selling, so on some level it was effective.

The detergent company that had the (if I remember correctly) drill sargent yelling about ring around the collar had quite a bit of success from the commercial.. along the same lines.

Yeah, I hate it too, though. That Head-On commercial, which I dispise, was ranked as extremely effective by a couple ad agencies.

Da Peach

Outwitted by a rodent
Jul 2, 2002
North Van
You remember that obnoxious Australian 'roidmonkey you sreamed the praises of Energizer batteries in the 80's?

"THEY'LL SURPRISE YA! NEW ENERGIZA!!!!"

That was effective.

Cooter Brown

Turbo Monkey
May 30, 2002
Snow Hall, tweakin on math
because no one paid any attention to the great bearded wonder when he was a child, and so he had to prove himself as a worthy tv salesman to validate himself among all the kids that have grown up and still think he's a ****ing chode

pixelninja

Turbo Monkey
Jun 14, 2003
Denver, CO
What I want to know is why does Dora always have to yell? (If you're a parent with little kids, you know what I'm talking about).

"SAY MAP!!!! SAY MAP!!!"

No Dora, I ain't gonna ****ing say "map" so just get over it, you annoying pushy waltermelon-head brat. :rant:

DRB

unemployed bum
Oct 24, 2002
Watchin' you. Writing it all down.
What I want to know is why does Dora always have to yell? (If you're a parent with little kids, you know what I'm talking about).

"SAY MAP!!!! SAY MAP!!!"

No Dora, I ain't gonna ****ing say "map" so just get over it, you annoying pushy waltermelon-head brat. :rant:
Holy Sh!t don't get me started on Dora. We were on the plane and my daughter is watching it and she all of a sudden starts shreaking map.

I also feel for Swiper. One episode they go to the blueberry patch that he lives in, which has a fence with a locked gate, go in and steal his blueberries but they get all self righteous and yell "Swiper no Swipin'" at him when he tries to get them back. I was so cheering for that freakin' bear to catch her and rip her head off.

Then another episode Dora again sneaks into Swiper's blueberry patch to take a picture of him to win some contest. She asks everyone else if she can take their picture but no Swiper. She sneaks up on him and takes his picture.

I also think that Issa the iguana has a thing for Boots the monkey. That would be some freaky looking babies.