Quantcast

Why don't I have enough money???

John P.

Turbo Monkey
Sep 24, 2001
Golden, CO
Robin Klinkert won Massanutten Cat 1 30-39 a few weeks ago by a huge margin on that frame. His looks brand new as well, and he said he has 2 extra RS Pull shocks in case (when) the one he's using blows up. The thing was great looking.

Sandwich

Pig my fish!
Staff member
May 23, 2002
borcester rhymes
Those are floating about the internet if you squint your eyes properly. I saw a slightly more beat up version for around 550 in NYC with a handmade Super-T on it. Build was otherwise similar.

I'd much rather have an old skool boxxer on the front. Way more retro-accurate and it might actually work, although I bet the Xvert would be good as a trail fork. I almost picked up a stock Straight-Six (bassboat yay) some time ago too, but just couldn't justify spending $650 on a bike that may or may not survive four runs...even if it is friggin sweet as hell.

Cant Climb

Turbo Monkey
May 9, 2004
Robin Klinkert won Massanutten Cat 1 30-39 a few weeks ago by a huge margin on that frame. His looks brand new as well, and he said he has 2 extra RS Pull shocks in case (when) the one he's using blows up. The thing was great looking.
Robin's bike is really cool with the new Yeti paint scheme. Wish we had a picture to post.......but sitting on his bike i had flashbacks to 1998. Steep feeling, and the top tube reach seems enormous....he is fast on it though !!

I had the version Rufus posted....don't have good memories. It took tremedous body twisting momentum to get it to turn in tight spaces. Plus the swing arm cracked/snapped 3 times in one year.....

Salami

Turbo Monkey
Jul 17, 2003
Waxhaw, NC
That Flite seat is old as ****. I don't know when that style run ended but I have the same one which I bought new in 1991. Still love that seat.

Cant Climb

Turbo Monkey
May 9, 2004
Chainring looks small.......mine was a 46 or 48.....i remember switching it out for a 42 to make it pedal easier. :crazy:

time-bomb

Monkey
May 2, 2008
right here -> .
I still have a pair of those forks hanging on the wall in my garage :-)
Sweet, you should sell one of them and keep the other for your garage wall. Doesn't make sense to keep more than one hanging around. :biggrin:

Notice the chain guide (very similar to the AC3), while it is mounted differently it is very similar to the LG1. Kind of interesting how some technology makes it way back around. Looks like the Yeti set up would create quite a bit of chain pull/pedal kick back having the bottom part of the guide mounted to the chainstay like that.

Sweet ride though, I always liked the Lawwill Suspension design.

Last edited:

Mulestar

Turbo Monkey
Sep 18, 2007
in the dirt
That Flite seat is old as ****. I don't know when that style run ended but I have the same one which I bought new in 1991. Still love that seat.

That seat is exactly what I desire for my DH and Slalom rides. Simple, light, slim profile, classy italian design. I wish I could get ahold of 2 of them.

Salami

Turbo Monkey
Jul 17, 2003
Waxhaw, NC
That seat is exactly what I desire for my DH and Slalom rides. Simple, light, slim profile, classy italian design. I wish I could get ahold of 2 of them.

IMHO it is the best seat for a MTB period. When I bought the first one way back when and rode it the first few times my ass said otherwise. As soon as it breaks in though, awesome. The new ones are almost fugly looking.

AlCapone

Monkey
Apr 5, 2009
North Bend, WA
Super sick. This guy who lives in my town is selling an old intense M1 that has been ridden twice for $300. I want to pick it up. It has the original Boxxers and everything.

RUFUS

e-douche of the year
Dec 1, 2006
Denver, CO
Looks like if he gets no bites in the next few weeks then he will consider shipping to the US :) Just maybe!

buckoW

Turbo Monkey
Mar 1, 2007
Champery, Switzerland
Sweet bike. I still have one of those frames and everything else but the fork laying around. Shame I rode and sold the original Boxxer though.

Bushing pivots, shocks that lost their rebound after a run or 2, Hope brakes and mine also had XTR cranks and a 54 tooth chainring. I bought it from Chris Herting (3D) when the Durango factory closed down.

norbar

KESSLER PROBLEM. Just cause
Jun 7, 2007
Warsaw :/
Sweet bike. I still have one of those frames and everything else but the fork laying around. Shame I rode and sold the original Boxxer though.

Bushing pivots, shocks that lost their rebound after a run or 2, Hope brakes and mine also had XTR cranks and a 54 tooth chainring. I bought it from Chris Herting (3D) when the Durango factory closed down.
Hell yeah! 54T chainrings! We should bring them back ;) Neverending gears and fireroads ;)

BTW. I see old deemaxes on it. Would match the yeti paint.

dump

Turbo Monkey
Oct 12, 2001
was my first DH bike... didn't realize how good it was until I let it go. Light too!