Quantcast

Why don't you ask God for it, you miserable huckster?

AngryMetalsmith

Business is good, thanks for asking
Jun 4, 2006
I have no idea where I am
Meh

That still doesn't top the evangelist ( forget which one ) who climbed up into his magic jesus tower and told his flock that god would strike him dead if he didn't get a fat amount of cash by a certain date.

sanjuro

Tube Smuggler
Sep 13, 2004
SF
The problem is that no one knows how the money is being spent so Rick Warren can claim he is spending 90% of his fundage on charitable projects.

Not that I was going to give him a penny...

sanjuro

Tube Smuggler
Sep 13, 2004
SF
btw, I do think he will get the $$$, even without pulling an Oral Roberts...

JohnE

filthy rascist
May 13, 2005
Front Range, dude...
It is easier for a camel to pass through the eye of a needle than for a rich man to get into heaven...

What a schmuck. Did God ever threaten to close up shop because of monetary problems?

gonefirefightin

free wieners
Rick warren is simply a "name it and claim it" business man.

his plan was set inot motion from day one. his church was never sirit moved nor was his believer grown.

before borrowing the money for a mega he he searched the US for the largest population density by zip code and highest average income median. he then prepared for an easter day opening and hired 1200 personel to go door to door about the service.

the loan was payed off after the first easter service, he had 2 others.

he had a consulting firm help him with a best selling book plan and hired a marketing team that rivaled opra. his book was on the best sellers list for 5 months straight.

bottom line.....if people are stupid enough to let others influence the money out of there wallet consider yourself lucky that someone is distracting them from creating worse problems.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout

his plan was set inot motion from day one. his church was never sirit moved nor was his believer grown.

before borrowing the money for a mega he he searched the US for the largest population density by zip code and highest average income median. he then prepared for an easter day opening and hired 1200 personel to go door to door about the service.

he had a consulting firm help him with a best selling book plan and hired a marketing team that rivaled opra. his book was on the best sellers list for 5 months straight.

bottom line.....if people are stupid enough to let others influence the money out of there wallet consider yourself lucky that someone is distracting them from creating worse problems.

summary:

religion = pyramid scheme

IMHO, organized religion kinda defeats the purpose.

sanjuro

Tube Smuggler
Sep 13, 2004
SF
I'm not bothered by donating to the church.

I would be bothered to donating any charity which does not release its records.

You're a sucker if you sent more than a penny.

Andyman_1970

Turbo Monkey
Apr 4, 2003
The Natural State

I'm kind of familar with Rick Warren, read The Purpose Driven Life waaaayyy back in the day. I'm certainly not going to defend him, but I'd be curious as to the source for your post.

sanjuro

Tube Smuggler
Sep 13, 2004
SF
BTW, I read this about Uganda and their "Kill the Gay" law:

Uganda has also become a magnet for American evangelical groups. Some of the best known Christian personalities have recently passed through here, often bringing with them anti-homosexuality messages, including the Rev. Rick Warren, who visited in 2008 and has compared homosexuality to pedophilia. (Mr. Warren recently condemned the anti-homosexuality bill, seeking to correct what he called
that he played a role in it.)
http://www.nytimes.com/2010/01/04/world/africa/04uganda.html?hp