Quantcast

Why football sucks!

ThePriceSeliger

Mushhead
Mar 31, 2004
Denver, Colorado
Lets see... I came to school a week early for pre-season football, and we have THREE A DAY PRACTICES! I just got back from the first one. We wake up at 5:00 eastern time to get to the first one, then we have one at 9:00, then one at 3:00. I take at least four showers a day and go through so many changes of clothes! I am sore as hell, and tired as can be, I could fall asleep right now, but I need to go get my pads together for our next practice.

So, all-in-all, football sucks!

hooples3

Fuggetaboutit!
Mar 14, 2005
Brooklyn
toughen up dammit .. this is football we are talking about

go take a ballerina class if you cant handle it :blah: :cool:

ThePriceSeliger

Mushhead
Mar 31, 2004
Denver, Colorado
I don't say anything to the coaches. They recruted me to play, and they don't know my name. Only one coach does, and he's cool. Well I need to put on some boxers and head down to my next practice. Peace to all my monkeys!

hooples3

Fuggetaboutit!
Mar 14, 2005
Brooklyn
hs football was awesome.... in fact i had football and basketball practice everyday. if you love a sport i cant see whining about practicing for it

zod

Turbo Monkey
Jul 17, 2003
G-County, NC
I went to a small school growing up and we didn't have a football team so I figured soccer would be fun and I wouldn't get tackled and bloodied up. Me as goal keeper + crappy defensive line = the beat down :dead: ;)

ThePriceSeliger

Mushhead
Mar 31, 2004
Denver, Colorado
Yeah, we are in the D-1 New Enland football league, so they recruite, and if you do well, you would play D-1 College which would be cool. Well, I'm out for the day anyways, passed out due to heat exhaustion, that really sucked! Apperently I passed out during a agility drill.

Loco- School hasn't started yet ass clown, but Mack's school has.

IAB - I go to Avon Old Farms

ThePriceSeliger

Mushhead
Mar 31, 2004
Denver, Colorado
ah, good call, I don't hate it, just pre-season sucks, I should have made that clear. But, they recrute by comming to football games, when I was at my old boarding school, then I got a call a few weeks later asking if I would come and play for them, and I did.

Ciaran

Fear my banana
Apr 5, 2004
So Cal
Football sucks, go ride your bike.

Actually, I liked playing football in HS, I just hate watching it on TV. I remember Hell Week vividly... among other things the varsity team took us freshmen into the gym, stripped us down to our underwear, had us huddle in the center circle of the basketball floor, then turned out the lights and proceded to beat us with our own shoes. After that they made us run from the gym back to our lockers (still in our underwear) in front of ALL of the chearleaders. After getting dressed we had to find our shoes which were conveniently tied to trees, on the roof, etc. We practiced m-f. 8am to 4pm all summer till school started.

So suck it up nancy boy!

;) :thumb:

Raaar

Monkey
Sep 13, 2004
Hey, I was a defensive end!
I liked it...I got to knock the $hit out of people and didn't get scolded for it.
The military was pretty good about letting you knock the $hit out of people, too...
Now I'm in a corporate job and rarely get to knock the $hit out of anyone...but it would probably help productivity & reduce back talk.

LMFAO...

rpk1988

Dec 6, 2004
Maryland
SkaredShtles said:
Sure - that's when the football coach comes up and says "Hey - you've got a good leg. Wanna kick for the team?"
Thats basically what happened to me. So now I am playing football. But the cool thing is that I dont really have to stay/come to all of the practices. And having football coaches as teachers is an added bonus. :thumb:

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
In a van.... down by the river
rpk1988 said:
Thats basically what happened to me. So now I am playing football. But the cool thing is that I dont really have to stay/come to all of the practices. And having football coaches as teachers is an added bonus. :thumb:
Yeah. I may have kicked for the team if the coach hadn't been such a d**k. I told him I was too busy with soccer. :p

Hungry_Hank

Monkey
Apr 13, 2004
urban sprawl (orange county)
man, i wish there was preseason for lacrosse, all we do is weightlift. its soooo booooring. technically we're not allowed to play untill the beginning of the spring semester (it's a spring sport). so untill then we play once a week on a "club team." which is pretty much our varsity team with a different name.

how long do you have 3-a-days for? we have 2-a-days over spring break and then practices from 1:45 untill 9 for the week after spring break. i cant wait!

ThePriceSeliger

Mushhead
Mar 31, 2004
Denver, Colorado
Today was possibly our last 3-a-day. I only went to 2 of them though. We will find out later. Saturday we have a "game" against Choat Rosemerry Hall(I don't know how to spell it) so then we are done with pre-season, so I'm VERY happy about that. I'm even more happy that I got my new school computer, and all moved into my new dorm room. It's going to be really cool because my roomate is a really good friend of mine from Cardigan Mountain School