Quantcast

??? Why, Friday, why? ???

eric strt6

Resident Curmudgeon
Sep 8, 2001
directly above the center of the earth
slept like crap, shoulders are sore. Thursday is move the large people to dialysis day which is hard enough then I shot close to 50 arrows on my range.

getting slammed with 15 dialysis runs today so starting off with a triple shot of espresso here at 4am in the rain :banghead:

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
Mornin!

Rode Borderland last night with my brother. Had fun, suffered shaken adult syndrome, and fought a dropper post that kept slipping from the extended position.

Other than that, work and errands on tap for today.

Jozz

Joe Dalton
Apr 18, 2002
SADL
Prepping for the arrival of Maïa.

Does the RM peanut gallery have any tips on introducing a new dog to the family?

They'll be fed separately at first for evaluation. She is crate trained, so she'll be sleeping in her crate while Wilma sleeps in her cozy cave. The goal would be to each have their cozy cave and sleep in their room. We'll go for a walk so we can test her recall off leash.

dan-o

Turbo Monkey
Jun 30, 2004
Does the RM peanut gallery have any tips on introducing a new dog to the family?
We've always introduced them cage match style.
Just keep personal items (food, favorite toys etc) separate at first.
They'll establish their hierarchy soon enough.

StiHacka

Compensating for something
Jan 4, 2013
In hell. Welcome!

They'll be fed separately at first for evaluation. She is crate trained, so she'll be sleeping in her crate while Wilma sleeps in her cozy cave. The goal would be to each have their cozy cave and sleep in their room. We'll go for a walk so we can test her recall off leash.
Are you going to introduce them at home or outside?

Sandro

Terrified of Cucumbers
Nov 12, 2006
The old world
Truck driver had his last day on the job today as he was attempting to deliver two injection molding machines but jackknifed his truck while backing up and almost tipped it over. Ten minutes later two fire trucks, police and every local news outlet show up at my company because this is apparently the most exciting thing happening in this dead end town. Took two hours to sort out the mess but the machines appear to have survived.

I Are Baboon

Vagina man
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
'Morning, friends! Looks like a three coffee morning. Warm weather is finally here, and I made the mistake of wearing a long sleeve shirt on my run this morning. :dead: My lunch break today may involve a bike ride.

eaterofdog

ass grabber
Sep 8, 2006
Central Florida
Truck driver had his last day on the job today as he was attempting to deliver two injection molding machines but jackknifed his truck while backing up and almost tipped it over. Ten minutes later two fire trucks, police and every local news outlet show up at my company because this is apparently the most exciting thing happening in this dead end town. Took two hours to sort out the mess but the machines appear to have survived.

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
DSO woke us up several times through the night barking at random wildlife outside. Earlier this week it was a bear, who knows what it was last night but I'm tired and the day hasn't even started.

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
Morning Monkeys.

FTS Friday is in full swing. Have my only 2 meetings today, should be good. Let's get it over with already.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle

No advise but I am impressed that you have a vizsla that doesn't sleep on the bed. My 1/2 breed can be bouncing off the walls and the moment I lay down he is curled up sleeping at me feet.

kazlx

Patches O'Houlihan
Aug 7, 2006
Tustin, CA
FTS Friday. It's not even 8am and I'm ready to go home. At least next week is a 3 day week and a 5 day weekend. Decided to take Thursday off since I'm already off on Friday and have the holiday Monday. Parking lots at County owned properties are now open, so it should be easier to get out for rides. I'm curious to see how packed it's going to be.

TN

Hey baby, want a hot dog?
Jul 9, 2002
Jimtown, CO
I won my unemployment appeal cuz my last client was an idiot. Now I am eligble for the max amount in CO plus the Trump weekly payout.
Smoking some GMO Cookies. Fuego flower, yo.
This summer is gonna be fun as long as I dont get the covid!

Jozz

Joe Dalton
Apr 18, 2002
SADL
No advise but I am impressed that you have a vizsla that doesn't sleep on the bed. My 1/2 breed can be bouncing off the walls and the moment I lay down he is curled up sleeping at me feet.
You know it!

We have to put a fence to keep her in her room at night or around 3-4 o'clock she sneaks in and crawl under cover.

Sometimes when we go for a piss around 5-6, we'll let her finish the night with us in the bed.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
You know it!

We have to put a fence to keep her in her room at night or around 3-4 o'clock she sneaks in and crawl under cover.

Sometimes when we go for a piss around 5-6, we'll let her finish the night with us in the bed.
I would never let a dog on furniture until I got Cosmo. He was abused before I got him and was terrified of me at first, the only way I could get near him at first was to let him sleep by my feet, it kind of stuck. Now he is full lap dog.

Jozz

Joe Dalton
Apr 18, 2002
SADL
I would never let a dog on furniture until I got Cosmo. He was abused before I got him and was terrified of me at first, the only way I could get near him at first was to let him sleep by my feet, it kind of stuck. Now he is full lap dog.
If he's got the non-stink Vizsla gene, it's all good. Some dog breeds just plain stink!

Last edited:

CrabJoe StretchPants

Reincarnated Crab Walking Head Spinning Bruce Dick
Nov 30, 2003
Groton, MA
Just watched a guy steal shit out of my Jeep as I was walking back to it in the parking lot. He was parked right next to me and scuttling around it as I walked towards it. Just as I got to it, I immediately saw things were taken right as he started pulling away, 5ft from me. Made the decision not to pull him out of his car and instead got his vehicle model, plates and good description of him. Filing report now.

Fuck scumbags.

Full Trucker

Frikkin newb!!!
Feb 26, 2003
Exit, CO
Well fuck, these fucking headphones I bought for my home audio recording project came from a smoking dude and they REEK...

And now my home office/guest room reeks, and it's disgusting. Even the plastic part of the 'phones smells like smoke, and we had to pull the comforter from the bed in the room because they were sitting on there and infected that too. I've got the ear and head pads soaking in Borox, I've already hit them with Febreze fabric and washed them in dish detergent. The plastic part (you know, the headphones themselves) is hanging outside. Gonna try and let them air out a couple three days and see if it helps.

Bummed, and a bit pissed at myself for not paying more attention. Might just pull the trigger on a new pair, and sell these. Might have to note in the CL or eBay ad that they came from a smoker and I am way too olfactorally (is that even a word?) sensitive to keep them.

Now I've got the ceiling fan going, the window open, and doing some essential peppermint oil thingy-doober to try and get the freakin' stank funk out of this room.

(x-post from my other thread, fight me.)

Jozz

Joe Dalton
Apr 18, 2002
SADL
Well fuck, these fucking headphones I bought for my home audio recording project came from a smoking dude and they REEK...

And now my home office/guest room reeks, and it's disgusting. Even the plastic part of the 'phones smells like smoke, and we had to pull the comforter from the bed in the room because they were sitting on there and infected that too. I've got the ear and head pads soaking in Borox, I've already hit them with Febreze fabric and washed them in dish detergent. The plastic part (you know, the headphones themselves) is hanging outside. Gonna try and let them air out a couple three days and see if it helps.

Bummed, and a bit pissed at myself for not paying more attention. Might just pull the trigger on a new pair, and sell these. Might have to note in the CL or eBay ad that they came from a smoker and I am way too olfactorally (is that even a word?) sensitive to keep them.

Now I've got the ceiling fan going, the window open, and doing some essential peppermint oil thingy-doober to try and get the freakin' stank funk out of this room.

(x-post from my other thread, fight me.)
now I need to watch the bad BO Seinfeld episode.

TreeSaw

Mama Monkey
Oct 30, 2003
Dancin' over rocks n' roots!
Afternoon. Spent THE ENTIRE DAY on my computer doing interviews for our new chorus teacher and now it's supposed to storm. Ugh....couple of decent ones so hopefully we can fill the position!
Nice weekend on tap so that will help. Neighborhood bonfire to celebrate 2 neighbor birthdays. We need to get a plan in place for Alex's birthday (next Friday) since we can't have a big party with her school friends (7-8 year old CAN NOT social distance).

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
It has rained, rained and rained today. Oh yeah and more rain. Spent the day in the shed putting the bike back together.

If the rain holds off for another 5 minutes I shall go for a short ride on the road.

Last edited: