Quantcast

??? Why, Friday, why? ???

kazlx

Patches O'Houlihan
Aug 7, 2006
Tustin, CA
My youngest turns 4 today. A little bummed we can't really do more for him since this year he's super into it and really understands what's going on. Early day at work. Can't wait to just GTFO.

Toshi

butthole powerwashing evangelist
Oct 23, 2001
Hello all. Rode White Ranch slowly with work buddy this morning. 2.5 hr Zoom meeting (just two of us) working on Matlab modeling—same project since 2013-2014, still going since the academic machine always demands more papers.

that plus tending to now walking tiny baby is about my day.

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
I have to say I enjoy the new boss. Had our 1:1 today scheduled for 45 minutes, talked shop for 10, then talked about my truck project and a trailer he's checking out for 20, still ended early. Then got a message that I am extended until June. Nice.

jdcamb

Tool Time!
Feb 17, 2002
Nowhere Man!
Got the Welder out and repaired my Buds trailer hitch. Its all about the prep. Uhaul just tacked it barely on. Hackalac...

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
In a van.... down by the river
Went on a mate's birthday ride today... 25 miles and 3500 vert may have been a poor choice for the first "real" ride of the season.

Mile 16 was the "Come to Jesus" mile for me... fortunately most of the climbing was done by then.

Am dead now. :dead:

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
Just watched a guy steal shit out of my Jeep as I was walking back to it in the parking lot. He was parked right next to me and scuttling around it as I walked towards it. Just as I got to it, I immediately saw things were taken right as he started pulling away, 5ft from me. Made the decision not to pull him out of his car and instead got his vehicle model, plates and good description of him. Filing report now.

Fuck scumbags.
did he leave a golf club you could beat him with?

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
Went on a mate's birthday ride today... 25 miles and 3500 vert may have been a poor choice for the first "real" ride of the season.

Mile 16 was the "Come to Jesus" mile for me... fortunately most of the climbing was done by then.

Am dead now. :dead:
Today was my first real rode of the season.... mid 80s. Am not yet conditioned for that.

velocipedist

Lubrication Sensei
Jul 11, 2006
Rainbow City Alabama
Rode lower windmill a few times, linking it to rolling coal was wicked fun.

I heard people talking about oak"something" you link from maybe horseface, could be totally wrong will verify tomorrow.

hit windmill for me!
are you on their fb page? someone's been working on a new trail up there. not sure if it's rideable yet...

Nick

My name is Nick
Sep 21, 2001
where the trails are
With this rain buff crik would be awesome tomorrow.
I, on the other hand, am riding mtn lion with a bonus longhorn chaser.
Word on the street is Cub C is not yet good to go. Plenty of snow remaining.

Sandwich

Pig my fish!
Staff member
May 23, 2002
borcester rhymes
currently watching the storm roll through here in MA.

Pissed because it's hot AF and I can't open the windows thanks to doomstorm 2020.

Full Trucker

Frikkin newb!!!
Feb 26, 2003
Exit, CO
Ride tomorrow with buddy Mike, tough climb but top 3 descent, so it all evens out.
Mtn Lion?

well, I haven't found the chunk yet, but I have found a great campsite, wind, and fast turns.
Vernal, right? I found Vernal to be Lacking in chunk

Buff Crik.
Don’t read the comments.

With this rain buff crik would be awesome tomorrow.
I, on the other hand, am riding mtn lion with a bonus longhorn chaser.
Word on the street is Cub C is not yet good to go. Plenty of snow remaining.
I think the word I’ve heard is different than the word you’ve heard. But what time for Mtn Lion? Maybe I joins?

eric strt6

Resident Curmudgeon
Sep 8, 2001
directly above the center of the earth
Need to get up early and ride before the predicted late season winter like storm hits in the afternoon. Up to two straight days of hard rain predicted. That will turn the trails back into an unrideable clay snot fest for a week or two

Montana rider

Turbo Monkey
Mar 14, 2005
I guess the chunk here is at Red Fleet Reservoir.
This is higher elevation so not sure about conditions, but there is a tiny sliver of chunk up high

It's a great ride and completely different than anything down low in Vernal "proper" and rideit shuttleable for the family (i.e. you bike back up road to car parked 1/2 or all the way at the top while the they sit by the creek...)

ETA: I camped at the top but it's the upper-most part as below that loops back around (past the spur to the old dam structures...) that has chunk...

Many riders opt to do only the upper loop, driving directly to the top trailhead. OK. But the lower canyon is soooo much fun. The upper loop has a mile of fairly tricky trail that's not at all suitable for beginners. Or timid intermediates. The northern (return) side of the loop is one long rock garden. Advanced riders won't think it's so bad.

Upper trailhead. The footbridge takes you to the 5-mile loop featuring the ruins of the flume.

The upper trail starts with three miles of very nice buff singletrack as you climb. Then the monster emerges. The trail turns downhill and gets rough. Embedded boulders, loose rocks, as the trail twists through pine forest. Sometimes it's hard to quickly spot what's trail and what's mountainside. After about 2/3 mile of this, you hit a "T" intersection. Turn left to go down to the flume site. The right fork will be your return trail to complete the loop.

Last edited:

Jozz

Joe Dalton
Apr 18, 2002
SADL
I guess the chunk here is at Red Fleet Reservoir.
Yes. we have tried two other sectors and Red Fleet was the betterer. We were kinda disappointed with Vernal. Let us know if you find some hidden gem.

Jozz

Joe Dalton
Apr 18, 2002
SADL
Red Mt was the chunkiest we found...

I found the jump line at Red Fleet to be a LOT of fun... but I suck at jumping.
Indeed. There was a little tech section that was a lot of fun. Required some trials moves around big rocks.