Quantcast

Why God Gave Us Roadies

spoke80

Turbo Monkey
Nov 12, 2001
I was riding rollers for awhile one time and got bucked out of my rollers across the room and into the fireplace. Luckily no fire at the time.

Skookum

bikey's is cool
Jul 26, 2002
in a bear cave
ahaha that's funny. :p i'm glad Happy loaned me his trainer when i was rehabbin. My road bike has never had me on the saddle for so long. And there's no way i could have used one of those with a gimped out leg....

Echo

crooked smile
Jul 10, 2002
Slacking at work
Come on people. Riding rollers is not hard. I've put probably 1000 miles on my rollers in the past year and never fallen off of them. Hopefully that poor dude was using them for the first time, actually I would think that would be the only time riding rollers would be worth taking video.

And spoke80, you won't fly across the room from falling off your rollers unless your wheels weigh more than you and your bike combined.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
Echo said:
Come on people. Riding rollers is not hard. I've put probably 1000 miles on my rollers in the past year and never fallen off of them. Hopefully that poor dude was using them for the first time, actually I would think that would be the only time riding rollers would be worth taking video.

And spoke80, you won't fly across the room from falling off your rollers unless your wheels weigh more than you and your bike combined.

I have no problems riding my mtb on rollers, fat slick tires and slack geometry make things nice and stable. My roadbike on the other hand is twitchy as all get out.

Echo

crooked smile
Jul 10, 2002
Slacking at work
Westy said:
I have no problems riding my mtb on rollers, fat slick tires and slack geometry make things nice and stable. My roadbike on the other hand is twitchy as all get out.
You probably need to adjust the front roller for the wheelbase of your road bike.

Arm On Fire

Monkey
Jun 24, 2004
Exeter, NH & Acton, MA
That is hilarious!!!!

I like rollers, gets you ready for the mountain bike season by:
1) getting you in shape
2) perfecting your spin
3) practice crashing

It took me a few times to get used to them.

The cylinders themselves are what makes riding them hard, it feels like you are riding on ice.
I've never got flung across a room, but have left a few patches on the carpet!

A friend likes to ride his in a doorway.