Quantcast

Why I don't watch the TV show LOST

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
I always enjoyed Soprano's with the twisted plots and the fact that none of the characters were ever really happy.

I enjoyed the first season of Hero's but then the story lines got to confusing and the characters were way to unbelievable.

Lost always seemed like it was a never ending Cast Away movie.

Then I saw this picture of the cast from LOST.

I would believe that Heiro Nakamora could travel back in time before I believed that the dude with a red arrow over his head was trapped on a deserted island.
In fact I believe when he's not on set he works at the beer distributer in my town.

LordOpie

MOTHER HEN
Oct 17, 2002
Denver
You do know this is a TV show, yeah? They're not really on an island.

It's not like watching the moon landing and then see Armstrong at your local coffee shop sipping a latte the next morning.

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
You do know this is a TV show, yeah? They're not really on an island.

It's not like watching the moon landing and then see Armstrong at your local coffee shop sipping a latte the next morning.

Um... FYI the moon landing was as fake as LOST.

Broken_Spoke

Mr. Big Hot Pastrami
Feb 26, 2003
Bozeman, MT
First question:
Do you watch TV?
yeah I do, but I know well enough to stay away from shows like Lost. The fact that they are 3 or so seasons in and you are just surfacing with this reason that you don't watch the show is amazing. Wow I'm a bit harsh today.

Prettym1k3

Turbo Monkey
Aug 21, 2006
In your pants
I'm just pissed that the network promised 28 straight episodes, and because of their unwillingness to work with the writers (among other broadcast companies and studios), we only get 8 episodes, and we've waited almost a year.

I'm beyond pissed.

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
yeah I do, but I know well enough to stay away from shows like Lost. The fact that they are 3 or so seasons in and you are just surfacing with this reason that you don't watch the show is amazing. Wow I'm a bit harsh today.
Actually I just saw that photo and I thought to myself "I can't really suspend my disbelief".

And I'm bored at work and it's late... and and and and......

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
I still like the show, but since it hasn't been on in like 5 years, I forget where the hell it left off.

There aren't many shows I follow that have running plots because I can't commit to watching every week, nor do I own a dvr. Lost is one of the few because the twists were interesting.

Now with the strike, it's said to only have like 5 episodes in the can, so it will be gone before you know it. Sucks to lose a great show over a strike, but they have done some seriously piss poor planning.

geargrrl

Turbo Monkey
May 2, 2002
pnw -dry side
I quit watching when it when to a 10 PM broadcast instead of 9 pm. That would keep me up past my bedtime.
And no, I don't own a TIVO.