Quantcast

Why I love LSD...

ultraNoob

Yoshinoya Destroyer
Jan 20, 2007
Hills of Paradise
LSD = Limited Slip Differential (i knew what you were thinking, get your mind outta the gutter)

I'm in East San Diego, about 30 miles inland, spending Valentines with that special someone. It was raining last night, pretty cold, perfect cuddle weather.

Woke up at 430am so I have time to go home and get ready for work. Lo and behold, my car is covered in about 2 inches of snow! I woulda taken a pic, but my 4yr old camera phone sucks! I bust out the costco card and start scraping my windows. I give her a kiss and drive away. Little did I know there was ICE just around the corner. About 4-5 counter steers later, I pulled over to wipe up the spilled coffee.

I catch a glimpse of a honda civic hit the corner and zipp.... off into the dirt/snow. I run over to see if the driver is ok. She's fine, just shaken up a bit. Try to push her car out, no dice. (this is soCal so snow tires are a bit of a rarity out here). We decide it's a good idea if I give her a ride to the gas station where there's a warm place to wait for the tow truck. As we're walking back to my car, we hear rubber on ice and see a pickup truck slam into her car. We go to see if the driver's ok... full air bag deployment.

I figure I better get into cell phone range to call the cops. I leave them there to argue and I drive away, all the while having intermittent Oh Sh!t moments, but able to keep the car in check. Make a call, go back only to find 2 more FWD bunched up behind the pickup. I figured that there's enough of them so I told them I was able to make a call and I left. It was a giant slip and slide for the next 10 miles on the FREEWAY!

$1000 Limited Slip Differential paid for itself today.

TN

Hey baby, want a hot dog?
Jul 9, 2002
Jimtown, CO
I like the flashbacks & staring at the colors & patterns on the back of my eyelids. I could do with out the back cramps though.

LordOpie

MOTHER HEN
Oct 17, 2002
Denver
That chick should've just gotten his info and taken your offer to get some place safe.

She's probably dead now in tiny little pieces.

TN

Hey baby, want a hot dog?
Jul 9, 2002
Jimtown, CO
AWD has paid for itself for us this year. record snow this year here in WI.

but my RWD Volvo is useless.

Prettym1k3

Turbo Monkey
Aug 21, 2006
In your pants
Quaife? Pelequin?

I always wanted a Quaife when I used to auto-cross my Jetta.

And my Tundra SR5 sucks. It's 2wd, and the open diff. in the back blows balls. I ended up spinning tires like crazy getting out of my buddy's driveway a few nights ago at 10:00pm. Woke up all the neighbors. Blah.

*I knew what you meant by LSD before even thinking about any sort of illegal narcotics*

CrabJoe StretchPants

Reincarnated Crab Walking Head Spinning Bruce Dick
Nov 30, 2003
Groton, MA
4x4 FTW.

It's a great feeling not only knowing you can make it through a lot of tough weather conditions, but also having the ability to tow other people out of deep snow/ditches.

I <3 my Jeep.

Prettym1k3

Turbo Monkey
Aug 21, 2006
In your pants
My buddy had a 2-way KAAZ in his S14 (late-model U.S. 240sx). Man, that thing was awesome.

On acceleration, it was fully locked. On deceleration, it was fully locked. It was mechanical, too, so it would make a sound like the clunking of your transmission falling to the ground...

DirtyMike

Turbo Fluffer
Aug 8, 2005
My own world inside my head
I will take a LSD diff on a rear wheel drive any day over an open diff 4x4 or an open diff awd. Given nowadays most Awd have at least one diff thats LSD, And 4x4's as well, but some do not. Personally I would like to have a nice old Toyota Pickup Extended cab, 4x4 with a nice LSD rear end.

...Edit......By the way I will be ordering My LSD for my s10 in about another month, unfortunatly I am stuck with a 4x2 and cant afford a new truck