Quantcast

Why is Bush still in office?

ire

Turbo Monkey
Aug 6, 2007
Why has he been able to keep his position? He lied to the public, and to Congress in his State of the Union (prior to the Iraq war, and lying before Congress is a crime). Shouldn't there be a large out cry to get him out of office?

The thing that kills me the most is that religious people support him when they should be the most upset. He takes his policies and packages them with religious rhetoric to sell them.

I wanna hear an honest opinion on why you voted for him.

$tinkle

Expert on blowing
Feb 12, 2003
what a cracking good question, n00b! why isn't it january 20, 2009 yet? is he using the cesarean calendar?

ire

Turbo Monkey
Aug 6, 2007
what a cracking good question, n00b! why isn't it january 20, 2009 yet? is he using the cesarean calendar?
IF I was a noob that might be a good question. Nice way of avoiding the question. Put the emphasis on NOOB and continue to be a jack a**

valve bouncer

Master Dildoist
Feb 11, 2002
Japan
Bloody hell el-Stinko, why haven't we thought to discuss this here before? I mean it seems so obvious a topic, but it seems to have slipped the collective mind. :bonk:

ire

Turbo Monkey
Aug 6, 2007
Bloody hell el-Stinko, why haven't we thought to discuss this here before? I mean it seems so obvious a topic, but it seems to have slipped the collective mind. :bonk:
I watched a good docu on it, thats why I bring up now and not before.

$tinkle

Expert on blowing
Feb 12, 2003
IF I was a noob that might be a good question. Nice way of avoiding the question. Put the emphasis on NOOB and continue to be a jack a**
well, well, well. look who peeked down his bib & found a pair.

first off, this has been kicked around since kerry got his ass handed to him, and when there was a "referendum" on bush with the change of congressional power, this has resulted in what, exactly? more funding, more troops, and more wiretaps.

as approved by [a democrat] congress, of course.

but go ahead & get wound up about "bush lied, people died". alternatively, you could investigate why "iron clad" cases like the one you so carefully laid out have yet to be considered sufficient for recommended action.

ire

Turbo Monkey
Aug 6, 2007
but go ahead & get wound up about "bush lied, people died". alternatively, you could investigate why "iron clad" cases like the one you so carefully laid out have yet to be considered sufficient for recommended action.
I didn't say Bush lied, people died. No one I know died, and I sure as hell didn't fight. BTW...I never said "iron clad", that is your own notion. The evidence is a lot more concrete that he has committed some crimes than what we used to oust, and execute, Saddam. Past posts under ****, since you think I'm hiding behind some cloak. It was a descision to minimize my name on the web since I'm getting my masters.

<edit> BTW...I never said the Dems were any better than the Republicans. They just recently stomped on our freedoms (with wiretapping). I think ALL public officials need to be held accountable when they ignore good intelligence and make decisions based on interest groups.

$tinkle

Expert on blowing
Feb 12, 2003
The evidence is a lot more concrete that he has committed some crimes than what we used to oust, and execute, Saddam.
we killed saddam? go on then...
Past posts under luelling, since you think I'm hiding behind some cloak. It was a descision to minimize my name on the web since I'm getting my masters.
just think: once you get your degree, you'll be as educated as bush.

$tinkle

Expert on blowing
Feb 12, 2003
ok, cards on the table: what are you getting your degree in, and who accredited this institution?

ire

Turbo Monkey
Aug 6, 2007
I have a 4yr degree in Software Engineering with a Minor in Business and Technical Writing from Oregon Institute of Technology and I'm getting my MBA from University of Phonenix in IT Management. Yeah, yeah....I know its not the greatest, but it helps none the less. I elected to not try to get into Willamette University because of time and cost to get in. There are all the cards and the honest truth

<edit> I'm an ISS6 with the state of Oregon. I dunno know if that means sh!t elsewhere, I don't know how other states rank IT professionals

fluff

Monkey Turbo
Sep 8, 2001
Feeling the lag
I have a 4yr degree in Software Engineering with a Minor in Business and Technical Writing from Oregon Institute of Technology and I'm getting my MBA from University of Phonenix in IT Management. Yeah, yeah....I know its not the greatest, but it helps none the less. I elected to not try to get into Willamette University because of time and cost to get in. There are all the cards and the honest truth

<edit> I'm an ISS6 with the state of Oregon. I dunno know if that means sh!t elsewhere, I don't know how other states rank IT professionals
Why did you change your name?

norbar

KESSLER PROBLEM. Just cause
Jun 7, 2007
Warsaw :/
you should be happy your not in Poland. Copared to this **** Bush is like a blessing ( or at least he is not living with his mom like our pm :P )

$tinkle

Expert on blowing
Feb 12, 2003
he's "re-branding". kinda like how you people do with food: the content isn't that different, but the names sound more coprophilic than the intent of impressive:

- ploughman's lunch
- arctic roll
- balti triangle
- gypsy tart
- spotted dick
- durham salad
- malvern pudding
- curry mile
- cucumber salad
- jellied eels
- lancashire hotpot
- berwick cockle
- rag pudding

fluff

Monkey Turbo
Sep 8, 2001
Feeling the lag
he's "re-branding". kinda like how you people do with food: the content isn't that different, but the names sound more coprophilic than the intent of impressive:

- ploughman's lunch
- arctic roll
- balti triangle
- gypsy tart
- spotted dick
- durham salad
- malvern pudding
- curry mile
- cucumber salad
- jellied eels
- lancashire hotpot
- berwick cockle
- rag pudding
You should swallow a book on grammar to go with that dictionary you're digesting.

V-Dub GTI

Monkey
Jun 11, 2006
blah!
Has anyone thought about that the dems approved us going to war in iraq? If they were fooled by "The dumbest person ever" What does that make them?:lighten:

$tinkle

Expert on blowing
Feb 12, 2003
Has anyone thought about that the dems approved us going to war in iraq? If they were fooled by "The dumbest person ever" What does that make them?:lighten:
invidious? duplicitous? shrewd? responsible? accountable?

not stupid, however much it pains me to admit.

LordOpie

MOTHER HEN
Oct 17, 2002
Denver
Why has he been able to keep his position? He lied to the public, and to Congress in his State of the Union (prior to the Iraq war, and lying before Congress is a crime). Shouldn't there be a large out cry to get him out of office?

The thing that kills me the most is that religious people support him when they should be the most upset. He takes his policies and packages them with religious rhetoric to sell them.

Why should religious people be upset?

As for the dozens of lies, yes, dozens all the way down to putting shills in the press corp to lob softball, pre-scripted Q&As... and ironically, that guy was a gay prostitute, ha!

Well, this Admin, simply put, has manipulated the system better than anyone has or could have imagined.

Also consider that Congress was party-held until the last election and the Dems that now hold it want to do whatever it takes to win the next Presidential election. An impeachment would alienate some voters. And a failed impeachment would alienate more. And it would fail.

sanjuro

Tube Smuggler
Sep 13, 2004
SF

Prove it.

Keep in mind two things.

He will claim he got the WMD wrong, which is a mistake, not a lie.

And the other point is, unlike Clinton's impeachment, which did not affect the status quo of the Republican Congress, the Democrats barely took the Congress in the last election. Going after the President could easily upset the voters, causing them to vote Republican the next election.

ire

Turbo Monkey
Aug 6, 2007
most people of your caliber can't. :disgust1:
Okay, I'll start addressing some questions. Yes, most people with education (further than high school) don't fight(can't is saying that I've never been in a fight or fired a gun, which you are sorely mistaken, toss your biased aside). You can make the same case about city size, smaller cities contribute more to the war effort, percent wise. And yes, I grew up in a small town where a ton of people inlisted. That is a sad fact of society, we send the poor to fight a rich mans war.

ire

Turbo Monkey
Aug 6, 2007
Prove it.

Keep in mind two things.

And the other point is, unlike Clinton's impeachment, which did not affect the status quo of the Republican Congress, the Democrats barely took the Congress in the last election. Going after the President could easily upset the voters, causing them to vote Republican the next election.
Its late and I'll look up some sites later, watch this documentary.
http://www.blockbuster.com/catalog/movieDetails/240566

No one in the CIA thought there was a connection to Al Qaeda (which was asserted by Bush). And watch closely on the mobile weapons systems that Powell presents to the UN (they are artists renditions, becuase they had no real pics) Once again, listen to the response to this BS by the UN. The administration has lied about the case to go to war, and no less Bush did it in the State of the Union Address. Bush was telling the intelligence community what he wanted to "see" and wanted them to tailor intelligence to that view. That is a really dangerous situation. FDR lied during WWII, but that actually benefited us and the world in general. The flying tigers did well for us, and the world in general. He lied, but was not going to war over false information.

Regardless of your thoughts on the war, one thing is clear, this administration has stomped our rights (and constitution), into the ground and that is BS. You should be the most pissed about that.

ire

Turbo Monkey
Aug 6, 2007
Prove it.

Keep in mind two things.

Bush wanted to go to war with Iraq after 9/11. It was his top target, and he didn't care that they didn't have anything to do with it. Watch said documentary. And maybe you should read Manufacturing Consent and then realize how the media in this country actually works. To assume the information you receive from any US source is correct is pretty ignorant. Our government spoon feeds them this information, there goes Fox's "Fair and Balanced", like that wasn't the biggest crock of sh!t

ire

Turbo Monkey
Aug 6, 2007
Its not a rebranding. I used my last name as my handle, and I want to minimize my footprint online. IT people are pretty savvy with how they hunt down info about you. After I complete my masters I'll most likely be switching jobs and I want them to find information I put out about myself (personal website, etc.).

sanjuro

Tube Smuggler
Sep 13, 2004
SF
Bush wanted to go to war with Iraq after 9/11. It was his top target, and he didn't care that they didn't have anything to do with it. Watch said documentary. And maybe you should read Manufacturing Consent and then realize how the media in this country actually works. To assume the information you receive from any US source is correct is pretty ignorant. Our government spoon feeds them this information, there goes Fox's "Fair and Balanced", like that wasn't the biggest crock of sh!t
I think Noam Chomsky should stick with linguistics and stay out of East Timor.

Seriously, I think Bush is a huge liar and, of course, we invaded Iraq to get their oil. There is not a soul in San Francisco that would disagree with me.

But I don't have any proof, like the transcripts from Cheney's 2000 energy meetings. When you get something like, then get back to me about impeachments.

I think one problem with the Democrats is they play the game of politics badly. They let the best president in 40 years get trumped by a blowjob, then they allow a PAC to make a Silver Star/Purple Heart winner look like a coward. I think the Dems better learn something from Fox News if they plan on winning in 2008.

LordOpie

MOTHER HEN
Oct 17, 2002
Denver
Bush wanted to go to war...
WTF? Did you bother reading the links I posted above?

I'm sure you'll find references to PNAC... that's the center of everything and if you're ignorant about PNAC, then you know nothing.