Quantcast

Why is Election 2004 so hate-filled?

N8 v2.0

Not the sharpest tool in the shed
Oct 18, 2002
The Cleft of Venus
I thought the 2000 election was bad but 2004 is far worse.

I haven't seen anything like it in my lifetime.

Is it that "...liberals are more fun when they're out of power because that's when they get wackier and nuttier. When they're in power, they're more dangerous. They can actually implement what they're talking about."

Shot Fired Into GOP Headquarters
September 2, 2004

BREAKING NEWS: 2 Dozen Bush Supporters Were Inside Huntington Building

A shot was fired at the Republican Party headquarters in Huntington Thursday night, while two dozen supporters of George W. Bush watched him accept his party's nomination on television.

Huntington police said reports came in about 10:30 p.m. from the building on 4th Avenue at 14th Street. One bullet hole could be seen in a large glass window, through a sign that said marriage is between "One Man, One Woman."

Police said they had not found bullet fragments inside the headquarters and had no way of knowing what type of weapon was used.

Eyewitnesses told 13 News they heard a loud bang but weren't sure what had happened. One woman said she found pieces of glass on her neck and shoulders.

Tune in to 13 News Friday morning for more on this story.

dante

Unabomber
Feb 13, 2004
looking for classic NE singletrack
N8 said:
I thought the 2000 election was bad but 2004 is far worse.

I haven't seen anything like it in my lifetime.

Is it that "...liberals are more fun when they're out of power because that's when they get wackier and nuttier. When they're in power, they're more dangerous. They can actually implement what they're talking about."

Shot Fired Into GOP Headquarters
September 2, 2004
too bad the gunman didn't go to MSG instead.

ooops, Channeling a little Ann Coulter there. :)

ohio

The Fresno Kid
Nov 26, 2001
SF, CA
Good lord. Aside from being an outrageous act of madness, a bullet hitting either of the incumbents would be political disaster for the Left. It would virtually ensure re-election, reinforce to scare tactics (of both the right and left), vault Bush to hero status and give him his second carte blanche, and possibly (shudder) make Cheney president.

dante

Unabomber
Feb 13, 2004
looking for classic NE singletrack
ohio said:
Good lord. Aside from being an outrageous act of madness, a bullet hitting either of the incumbents would be political disaster for the Left. It would virtually ensure re-election, reinforce to scare tactics (of both the right and left), vault Bush to hero status and give him his second carte blanche, and possibly (shudder) make Cheney president.
Ooops, sorry, guess you didn't get the reference, Ann Coulter said of the Oklahoma City bombing that it's "too bad they didn't drive the truck to the NY Times instead".

:angry:

ohio

The Fresno Kid
Nov 26, 2001
SF, CA
dante said:
Ooops, sorry, guess you didn't get the reference, Ann Coulter said of the Oklahoma City bombing that it's "too bad they didn't drive the truck to the NY Times instead".

:angry:
Oh, I was responding to the article, not you.

Ann Coulter is just bitter that she can only get laid by republicans... I believe Adam Sandler put it best when he said "... old balls..."

fluff

Monkey Turbo
Sep 8, 2001
Feeling the lag
ohio said:

Hmm, what odds would you give me on an "assassination attempt" on the Potus just days before the election - a la Taiwan?

bomberz1qr20

Turbo Monkey
Nov 19, 2001
"Why is Election 2004 so hate-filled?"

Because hate mongers rule the country.

It's contagious.

I must say I no longer want GWB's head on stick though. I want him to get ass f**ked to death with a rusty butcher knife.

Is that hateful??

edited for bad spelling...

LordOpie

MOTHER HEN
Oct 17, 2002
Denver
The hate makes no sense. This administration is the golden rainbow leading us into the future.

Last edited by N8 : Today at 04:43 PM.

Changleen

Paranoid Member
Jan 9, 2004
Pōneke
I think 'righteous indignation' might be a better term than hate. But I'm sure there's some good old country boy hate thrown in there too. Seriosly, I think you answered the question Opie.

Tenchiro

Attention K Mart Shoppers
Jul 19, 2002
New England
So a car backfires, or a kid lights off a firecracker and all of a sudden liberals have started WW3? :monkey:

Although I have to saythe liberal antics as of late have been very embarassing... They do for the democrats as PETA does from animal rights...