Quantcast

why my buddies and I chose to vacation in Ecuador

dan-o

Turbo Monkey
Jun 30, 2004
Makes perfect sense.
We boycotted canada trips years ago after 4 truck loads of guys on a Bromont run were turned around at border for petty shit.
The annual whistler, bromont, hunting/fishing/sled trips all were allocated elsewhere.
The worlds an awesome place, with plenty of trails. Thanks for the trip review, looked great.

rockofullr

confused
Jun 11, 2009
East Bay, Cali
We're from Canada. The shit your president is spewing is repulsive. We opted to spend our holiday elsewhere.
You realize less than 50% of the country voted for him and most rational people don't like him. Also, those people who voted for him have been here for years (50+ in most cases) so why the issue now?

Just come to Cali you'll be safe, we're communists here just like you comrade!!

StiHacka

Compensating for something
Jan 4, 2013
In hell. Welcome!
Makes perfect sense.
We boycotted canada trips years ago after 4 truck loads of guys on a Bromont run were turned around at border for petty shit.
The annual whistler, bromont, hunting/fishing/sled trips all were allocated elsewhere.
The worlds an awesome place, with plenty of trails. Thanks for the trip review, looked great.
The only embassy that ever discriminated against me and robbed me of my money was Canada in 2003.

Pesqueeb

bicycle in airplane hangar
Feb 2, 2007
Riding the baggage carousel.
You realize less than 50% of the country voted for him and most rational people don't like him. Also, those people who voted for him have been here for years (50+ in most cases) so why the issue now?
Because they are out in the open now? I'd like to go to Germany, I don't necessarily want to be traveling around downtown Berlin while books are being burned.

I'm a fan of boycotts. Hit them where it hurts. Money may be the only thing that the modern GOP has any empathy towards.

The Pew Research Center found that unfavorable views of the U.S. in 37 countries increased 13 percent in the six months that Trump was in office. In response to a New York Times post, Europeans “overwhelmingly cited the Trump administration and its policies as reasons for avoiding or canceling trips to the United States,” according to the paper.

While the Trump presidency may not have single-handedly caused the tourism slump, its effect cannot be completely discounted.

slyfink

Turbo Monkey
Sep 16, 2008
Ottawa, Canada
You realize less than 50% of the country voted for him and most rational people don't like him.
oh for sure. that's what made it a tough decision. but in the end, the opportunity came up to go to Ecuador, with a local guide who shreds and was going to organize everything for us (itinerary, lodging, transportation, logistics). the combination of those two factors is what pushed us in that direction. In the end, dan-o said it best:

The worlds an awesome place, with plenty of trails.

slyfink

Turbo Monkey
Sep 16, 2008
Ottawa, Canada