Quantcast

Why my wife is cool......

jebfour

Turbo Monkey
Jun 19, 2003
CLT, NC
This was a Valentine's day present, but I haven't been on here in a day or two....

My wife knows how much I miss racing (pretty much anything open wheel....especially road racing) and since we moved to So. Cal. I haven't been able to afford to race. So I'm half asleep the other morning and stumble out to the table to eat a bowl of cereal before work and there is a card waiting for me. This is a little unusual because neither of us take Valentine's day too seriously.....I open it up and there are two three day passes to the Long Beach Grand Prix!!!! Stoked! So stoked!!! It will be a long few weeks.....

ÆX

Turbo Monkey
Sep 8, 2001
NM
ThePriceSeliger said:
Well my wife is...... damn, you got me. I need to get one of those things you call a wife.
yeah price, ......they are cool.

Ciaran

Fear my banana
Apr 5, 2004
So Cal
Awsome!

I go to the LBGP pretty much every year myself. Thursday, Friday and Saturdays are best... less people and I love watching the Toyota Atlantics run.

What kind of cars did you race, and have you thought about karts? Way less expensive then a full size car and very challenging. There are a number of good tracks in So Cal.

Curb Hucker

I am an idiot
Feb 4, 2004
Sleeping in my Kenworth
keeping_it_real said:
Not as cool as my wife. Day before our wedding in Edinburgh Castle she surprised me with this;

HSE Range Rover Sport.
She should have gotten you a Defender110 :oink:

The funny thing is over here a 4 year old TD5 D110 from england would be worth more than a brand new RRS.

Jan 12, 2005
Lancashire (U.K)
Curb Hucker said:
She should have gotten you a Defender110 :oink:

The funny thing is over here a 4 year old TD5 D110 from england would be worth more than a brand new RRS.
She did!

My beat up 110 with 300 series engine.
Crunched the back quarter this day out and lost the lights. Needs a rebuild soon-new doors & bulkhead sections. Still sweet though.

sam_little

Monkey
May 18, 2003
Portland, OR
keeping_it_real said:
She did!

Crunched the back quarter this day out and lost the lights. Needs a rebuild soon-new doors & bulkhead sections. Still sweet though.
Jesus... does your wife have a sister? Sometimes I wish my woman had money like that.

jebfour

Turbo Monkey
Jun 19, 2003
CLT, NC
Ciaran said:
Awsome!

I go to the LBGP pretty much every year myself. Thursday, Friday and Saturdays are best... less people and I love watching the Toyota Atlantics run.

What kind of cars did you race, and have you thought about karts? Way less expensive then a full size car and very challenging. There are a number of good tracks in So Cal.
I like watching the Atlantics too...I like watching them as much as the champ cars!

I've spent lots and lots of time in karts. dirt ovals, sprint tracks, and on full size car tracks. I've raced 4 cycles, 2 cycle sprint karts, and shifter karts.

I LOVED the shifter karts (they were the last thing that I raced). I raced them both on the "big" tracks and on the sprint kart tracks. They are a blast, but still very expensive. If you are going to win, then it will still cost you around $400 each race (tires, top end, entry fees, misc.). This doesn't include traveling and a hotel. Cheap by racing standards, but still a little more than I can swing right now....

PM me where your seats are and I'll buy you a cold one at the races!

Curb Hucker

I am an idiot
Feb 4, 2004
Sleeping in my Kenworth
keeping_it_real said:
She did!

I hate you :rofl:

A beat to **** 300TDI 110 would fetch about $60K here in the states if it somehow was legeally imported. I'm just waiting for the 25 year mark so I can get my own beat up worthless POS 110 with the steering wheel on the wrong side :cool:

My current D2, it just got a front winch bumper the other day, but ive still got to put it on