Quantcast

Why not the 2006 Turin olympics?

arboc!

Turbo Monkey
Dec 18, 2004
spokane, WA
that is the real name of the city right? why is nbc calling it torino? is that like the real name, or is this some sort of attempt to eliminate any sort of religious connection to the olympics? someone enlighten me

BurlyShirley

Rex Grossman Will Rise Again
Jul 4, 2002
TN
cause it cant be considered italian unless it either ends in an "o" or is covered in tomato sauce.

COmtbiker12

Turbo Monkey
Dec 17, 2003
Colorado Springs
dirtjumpP.1 said:
that is the real name of the city right? why is nbc calling it torino? is that like the real name, or is this some sort of attempt to eliminate any sort of religious connection to the olympics? someone enlighten me
The same reason that to Italians it's really Florenza, Roma, etc...

Nbc wanted to take on a more 'international' outlook on the games, haven't you noticed the poster in Bob Costa's studio that says 'Jeux d'Olympiques' on it? lol. :p

Daver

Monkey
Jun 1, 2005
Shiddeny
dirtjumpP.1 said:
It's just the Media's attempt of being savvy and "international". Whether it works ir not is anyones guess.

firetoole

duch bag
Nov 19, 2004
Wooo Tulips!!!!
so is it the Guro the Giro or the euro??? I can't tell when they say it with an accent

also I vote that at the next games all hockey games are played on a pond outdoors that would be sweet

COmtbiker12

Turbo Monkey
Dec 17, 2003
Colorado Springs
firetoole said:
so is it the Guro the Giro or the euro??? I can't tell when they say it with an accent

also I vote that at the next games all hockey games are played on a pond outdoors that would be sweet
Well the next games are going to be held in Canada... :rolleyes:

;) :p