Quantcast

why ridemoney rocks, part 5634

narlus

Eastcoast Softcore
Staff member
Nov 7, 2001
behind the viewfinder
i've been looking for a copy of an obscure japanese cd for a while now. if you must know, it's _Narcotic Guitar_ by a band called Hanadensha (Boredoms-offshoot). i'd been fortunate enough to get two of their eps, but the '96 full-length has been out of print for a while and i had zero luck tracking one down.

w/ monkeys all over the globe, i used that advantage to tap all-around good guy Valve Bouncer to seek around.

cut to a few weeks later, and i've got a cdr of the release (currently playing, "sun/sex", track 2).

:thumb: :thumb: :thumb:

:D :D

:dancing:

H8R

Cranky Pants
Nov 10, 2004
MMcG said:
you are the king of obscure rock bands Narlus.
No kidding.

Seems like he seeks records from bands that are offshoots of side projects of bands most people have never heard of.

:think:

I've seen so many bands that I really don't buy records anymore. At one point I was simply sick of music altogether. I gave away my stereo even.

punkassean

Turbo Monkey
Feb 3, 2002
SC, CA
I tried to tap RM to get a semi-rare Idlewild import single and no one could help. I ended up getting it online through Amazon's used marketplace.

narlus

Eastcoast Softcore
Staff member
Nov 7, 2001
behind the viewfinder
maybe duke. :D

this "cd" was includedi n the April 2nd update from Aquarius Records:

"UNKNOWN "s/t" (???) 2cd 21.00
Finally back in stock. We listed this way back in 1999, and due to this disc's ineffable nature, we were unable to find more. UNTIL NOW!
A monumental extension of John Cage's "4'33" into the realms of marketing. Absolutely inaudible field recording of empty space, walls of noise digitally obliterated into the void of utter silence, and intricate sampling masterfully worked into nothing at all. Austere and basically impossible to see packaging. An audio and visual allegory of pure nothing. Silence made even more silent. Emptiness completely and utterly emptied. Absolutely nothing. No sound. No art. No disc.
Recommended! "

:D

partsbara

Turbo Monkey
Nov 16, 2001
getting Xtreme !
thats one of the things i miss about japan... walking around and buying CDs... actually valve will be here in about 2 weeks... gonna be good to see the worthless bastid again :thumb:

valve bouncer

Master Dildoist
Feb 11, 2002
Japan
Cheers Narlus, glad I could help mate. And yes Partsy and I will be having a couple or hundred of that nice German wallop. Can't wait to have a Kostriches (sp?) again. That is some nice piss.