Quantcast

Why the hell is Hilary still in?

$tinkle

Expert on blowing
Feb 12, 2003
and just as an fyi, burlington and brattleboro are really the only places in vermont that are full of ultra-liberal hippies.
point was that denver will be as well armed as the VT gen'l populace.

don't think i could ever get used to seeing a hippie throw a disc w/ a gun in the small of his back.

N8 v2.0

Not the sharpest tool in the shed
Oct 18, 2002
The Cleft of Venus
lol!!!!

Florida Dems: We're closing in on deal to seat delegation

TALLAHASSEE, Fla. (AP) - Florida Democrats say they're on the verge of finishing a plan to have the state's delegates counted toward the party's presidential nomination.
Thursday's news comes after Michigan Democrats came up with their own plan. The Democratic National Committee stripped both states of their convention delegates for holding their primaries too early in violation of party rules.

State party spokesman Mark Bubriski told The Associated Press that Florida officials have been talking with campaign representatives of Senators Barack Obama and Hillary Rodham Clinton about recognizing all, or part, of Florida's 211 delegates.

Clinton is trailing Obama in the race for the nomination and is seeking to close the gap with delegates from Florida and Michigan

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
In order to count Michigan, you would have to hold a primary there. Hillary was supposed to pull her name from the ballot and didn't.

I'm all for them holding primaries, I'm betting Obama takes Michigan and with his portion of Florida, closes this bad boy out.

I voted last night, he will likely take Oregon by at least 60%.

dante

Unabomber
Feb 13, 2004
looking for classic NE singletrack
by the way, MI and FL will be seated, just not in the full extent that HRC wants them to be. the MI compromise is that she'll get 69 delegates, he'll get 59 (splitting the difference between the actual vote for her/uncommitted and just splitting them 50/50), which means nothing when his lead is 150 (and 164 in pledged delegates). they'll figure out some compromise where she nets a few delegates, but nowhere near enough to put her into the lead. as part of that compromise she'll agree that the popular vote in those two states means nothing, he'll win, she saves face, and everybody's happy.

except N8.

sanjuro

Tube Smuggler
Sep 13, 2004
SF
I know it is pretty stupid to bring up a Star Trek reference, but I was watching DS9 last night, and the episode revolved around a crisis of faith for the religious leader, a woman known for her dirty tactics and selfish behavior.

She calls in her biggest rival and bares her soul to her rival. Listening to the religious leader's comments about her selfishness, her rival assumes she is planning on quitting her position.

Of course, her selfish nature won't allow her to think like that and she remains the religious leader without resolving her crisis.

I think of Hillary in the same way now, someone who is willing to bring the whole ship down in order to become captain.

P.S. This is the episode I watched: http://memory-alpha.org/en/wiki/Strange_Bedfellows_%28episode)

Echo

crooked smile
Jul 10, 2002
Slacking at work
Politics are such a clusterf*ck. So McCain makes some comment about how Obama is pro-Hamas. Obama counters that his stance on Hamas is exactly the same as McCain's, so McCain is apparently losing his mind, or something to that effect. So McCain, instead of addressing the point, decides to whine about how Obama is playing the "age" card. WTF? Whenever a politician gets smacked down in an arguement, they just change the subject and focus on some irrelevant minutia? America is f*cked.

J-Dubs

Monkey
Jul 10, 2006
Salem, MA
Politics are such a clusterf*ck. So McCain makes some comment about how Obama is pro-Hamas. Obama counters that his stance on Hamas is exactly the same as McCain's, so McCain is apparently losing his mind, or something to that effect. So McCain, instead of addressing the point, decides to whine about how Obama is playing the "age" card. WTF? Whenever a politician gets smacked down in an arguement, they just change the subject and focus on some irrelevant minutia? America is f*cked.
Now you're getting it.

sanjuro

Tube Smuggler
Sep 13, 2004
SF
obama is the same kind of creature as hillary.. at least half white, rich and wants to win at all costs.
They aren't as despicable as a Republican because they can't hire Karl Rove. Or did you forget about the 2000 SC primary?

Come on, even as a Democrat, I acknowledge the pool of sh*t every presidential candidate has to swim in to make to the Presidency.

We are talking shades of dirty, not who's clean.

jimmydean

Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
Awesome.

WASHINGTON (AP) - The movement of Democratic superdelegates to presidential hopeful Barack Obama gained steam Friday with endorsements from a union president and two congressmen, including one who switched his backing from rival Hillary Rodham Clinton.

Obama has now climbed within a handful of superdelegates of catching Clinton in endorsements from the party and elected officials who will ultimately decide the nomination. With the three new superdelegate endorsements, the superdelegate count is Clinton, 271.5 and Obama, 266.

Obama's endorsements from superdelegates has picked up sharply since Tuesday, when he soundly defeated Clinton in North Carolina's primary and held her to a narrow victory in Indiana. The momentum in his direction reflects a growing sense among Democratic leaders that it is inevitable Obama will lock up the nomination.
I haven't kept a close count, but there are at least 3 that I know of that have changes sides to Obama.

$tinkle

Expert on blowing
Feb 12, 2003
so much for having a lock on the white vote, as she asserted in her usatoday interview a couple days back

H8R

Cranky Pants
Nov 10, 2004
Obama picks up 5 superdelegates, union endorsement

Barack Obama all but erased Hillary Rodham Clinton's once-imposing lead among national convention superdelegates on Friday and won fresh labor backing as elements of the Democratic Party began coalescing around the Illinois senator for the fall campaign.

Obama picked up the backing of five superdelegates, including Rep. Donald Payne of New Jersey, a member of the Congressional Black Caucus who had been a Clinton supporter.

In addition, the American Federation of Government Employees announced its support for Obama. The union claims about 600,000 members who work in the federal and Washington, D.C., governments.
More:

http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?f=/n/a/2008/05/09/politics/p044331D15.DTL&tsp=1

She needs to bow the fvck out before she pisses him off and ruins her chance of a VP spot.

Edit: would the American Federation of Government Employees be considered "hard working" American voters, or just government workers?

Red Rabbit

Picky Pooper
Jan 27, 2007
Colorado
I wonder if she would settle for a VP spot? I think she is more intent on the presidency and wouldn't ever want to take second chair to anyone.

jimmydean

Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
hillary still has the lead in the superdelegate count... not by much but still a lead.
But the current trend is moving the way of Obama. And we all know how Americans love trends.

Besides, Hillary doesn't have $20M in the bank to buy that one dudes vote and I have a feeling that's her best shot at this point. Cash talks.