Quantcast

Why the national series blows goats

Cult Hero

Chimp
Dec 28, 2007
Santa Barbara
okay, kinda a rant but this is pathetic. I am trying to find out what day the DH is on at Fontana in March. I have a feeling it is the Saturday but I need to be sure. I have searched everywhere and can't seem to find anything relevant apart from a list of dates March 27-30. Gee, what a great help.

If you go look for the local series, there is tons of info. Great, good to see the grassroots picking up the slack where usa cycling fails. I just find it kinda sad that you can go the southridge webpage and find all the information you want on their race series but might as well be searching for the hold grail on the usacycling webpage.

Just kinda pissed. Sorry for the rant. And if someone knows which day the DH is on that would be a huge help. Also if someone posts a quick and easy link that has all the dates and pertinent info and I just missed it then I am a moron.

altix

Monkey
Feb 14, 2007
now...if i knew what a hold grail was maybe i could help you...but i have nothing to compare it too....

Jettj45

Monkey
Oct 20, 2005
Butthole of NC
Round 1

March 29 – March 30, 2008

Fontana National

Southridge Park

Fontana, California

XC/DH/ST/4X/Super D

Arn't DH races always on sundays so you get a day of practice?

FlyinPolack

Monkey
Jul 16, 2007
@ most Nats the amateurs race sat, & Pros race sunday if i remember right..
(generally practice wed-sat)

MouseMonkey

Monkey
Jul 29, 2006
Salt Lake City
Narrowing the race date down to a particular weekend three months from now isn't good enough for your planning? You're a tough customer.

Although if you could track down a 90-day weather forecast you could make a fairly accurate tire selection for the conditions that Sunday.

ianjenn

Turbo Monkey
Sep 12, 2006
SLO
now...if i knew what a hold grail was maybe i could help you...but i have nothing to compare it too....
Whats up B, you gonna be up for some pic taking soon? Are you going to SOUTHRIDGE this weekend? Thinking of pulling a 1 dayer and drive down race morning....

EM-EFER

Monkey
May 29, 2007
That place doesn't even have a chairlift does it? And they are holding national downhill races there?
They have 10 lifts. Two High Speed which will bring the bikes up.

10 minutes down the road a world cup was held years ago. So this mountain has the perfect terrain.

Cult Hero

Chimp
Dec 28, 2007
Santa Barbara
Narrowing the race date down to a particular weekend three months from now isn't good enough for your planning? You're a tough customer.

Although if you could track down a 90-day weather forecast you could make a fairly accurate tire selection for the conditions that Sunday.
are you kidding me? All I am looking for is a schedule of events. Practice times and race times. Is practice on Friday or Saturday, race on Sat or Sun. Don't think that is too much to ask. At this point no one has conclusive evidence of what day the DH is. There is a general consensus that it is on the Sat as that is when it has been before, but being a National Event (not that that means much) I would expect things to be a little more spelled out.

Case in point: this is where you find the Southridge info. Notice the info for the other races, decent, all you need to know. Now look at the National. 4 days. 4 days of what?

okay, now go to the usacycling page at http://www.usacycling.org/mbnc/
good luck!

fred.r

Dwangus Bogans
May 9, 2006
Easy, Fontucky has a 365 day weather forecast; This year it's gonna be dry, hot, and sandy. Tune in next year for the same exact thing.

Metal Dude

Turbo Monkey
Apr 7, 2006
Smackdonough, GA
USAC doesn't care if you know what schedule or if you even come!
WHY BOTHER - I'm sure the local will be bigger and better anyway!
It is like College football needing a playoff - It won't change as
long as people keep showing up to their pathetic events. Boycott 'em
til like 3 people show up - then maybe it will get someone to change something or give a damn!