Quantcast

why won't they leave me alone?

DHS

Friendly Neighborhood Pool Boy
Apr 23, 2002
Sand, CA
wow total crap. i'll chat with you...

its all cause they know you're hotter then them and way cooler they have the need to get rid of you. echo will go beat em up for you.

jmvar

Monkey
Aug 16, 2002
"It was a funny angle!"
binary visions said:
Correction. Nothing says goodbye better than a plate of missed deadlines, with repeated emails and phone call reassurances that everything is under control and nobody should worry ;)

Bring in a DVD player or a playstation. With some big speakers :D
all this and an upper decker are justifiably in order.

sanjuro

Tube Smuggler
Sep 13, 2004
SF
bigginsis said:
So I had my annual evaluation on Tuesday and was not too surprised to find out my contract is not being renewed. My last day here will be June 30. So despite my hurt feelings and anger, I am still showing up here.
Now this morning I find out that "they" have asked someone to put in writing an incident that happened last June between myself, this co-worker and my boss.
I feel like they are just trying to make me feel even worse than I already do. Didn't they hurt me enough the first time when they told me what a bad person I am?
*sigh* thanks for letting me vent. there's no one here for me to talk to.
First thing to understand about jobs: don't take it personally. Considering we spend most of our time working, the people you work with are not your friends. When I was fired in the past, 99.9% of my ex-coworkers never contacted me to see how I was doing (and I took getting fired as hard as anyone).

First of all, fvck the people you work with. If they don't like you and want you gone, they can go to hell. I am a confrontational person, so in your situation I would give your co-workers stare downs, smart-ass comments, etc.

For you, first of all I would drop your "feeling sorry for yourself" attitude, at least at work. Not to be harsh, but no one cares about you at your workplace, otherwise they would not have let you go. Also, you do not want to give any satisifaction to the people who did want you gone.

Secondly, I do not recommend any revenge schemes, like a computer virus or property destruction. I hate when people tell me "don't burn your bridges" (anyone who has said that is a kiss-ass), but there is karmic value in just ending your job cleanly. I have done it that way, and I have no complaints.

Finally, I would not do another thing at your job. The next person to ask you something, even to pick up a pencil, I would say, "Sorry, I can't help you." If they complain, just say with a smile, "What are you going to do, fire me?".

bigginsis

Monkey
Jun 20, 2004
standing at the edge of reason
i have stopped feeling sorry for myself. i realized yesterday that if that is how they feel about me, then that's their stupidity. besides, it's not like they are the best administrators in the world and i have tons of leads - getting "not renewed" by this director has actually made me MORE popular because everyone else thinks i'm good at what i do and so the bad guys really look like bad guys now.
at any rate, cassandra is leaving today - she took another job - so when i give MY notice they will be two faculty members in the hole. sucks for them.
i'm not big on seeking revenge simply because i believe in karma and why kill my vibe to make them suffer? and the truth of it is that the best thing i can do is to keep showing up - they hate seeing me here. they will get theirs.
here's to payday, Friday and a weekend of beer drinking and celebrating my freedom from this piece of crap job!

MTB_Rob_NC

What do I have to do to get you in this car TODAY?
Nov 15, 2002
Charlotte, NC
bigginsis said:
i have stopped feeling sorry for myself.............

here's to payday, Friday and a weekend of beer drinking and celebrating my freedom from this piece of crap job!
You would think after what happened to your Bro, it wouldnt take that long :eviltongu

Look what that froker gets to do now! I bet he is working real hard today fishing or something :cool:

bigginsis

Monkey
Jun 20, 2004
Mtb_Rob_FL said:
You would think after what happened to your Bro, it wouldnt take that long :eviltongu

Look what that froker gets to do now! I bet he is working real hard today fishing or something :cool:
i actually thought a lot about my brother when this all happened - gives you a whole different perspective on things.

biggins is just one lucky MF - i can't imagine how bad it would be to have to float around and fish all day... :angry:

MTB_Rob_NC

Nov 15, 2002
Charlotte, NC
bigginsis said:
i actually thought a lot about my brother when this all happened - gives you a whole different perspective on things.

biggins is just one lucky MF - i can't imagine how bad it would be to have to float around and fish all day... :angry:

Good things happen to good people. I am sure you will be fine, if things get tight you can always start to sell pictures of yourself via RM. :evil:

MTB_Rob_NC

Nov 15, 2002
Charlotte, NC
bigginsis said:
soooo...I gave notice today!! I got a new job and I start May 16 so Friday the 13th is the last day in this toilet. it feels SO GOOD. i just had to share the joy.

Where/what is your new job?

binary visions

The voice of reason
Jun 13, 2002
NC
bigginsis said:
i'm still going to be at ecu but i will be working with the institutional review board overseeing human clinical trials. it's a sweet deal but i won't be a librarian anymore!
Damn, I was in the ECU library when I visited last month. I knew you were a librarian but forgot you worked right at ECU - should have stopped in to say hi to a fellow :monkey: if you were working that day!

bigginsis

Monkey
Jun 20, 2004
binary visions said:
Damn, I was in the ECU library when I visited last month. I knew you were a librarian but forgot you worked right at ECU - should have stopped in to say hi to a fellow :monkey: if you were working that day!
that would have been awesome!! i'm still here, just in a different way. and if anyone you know starts talking about working at the medical library here at ecu tell them to run far away.

as to the question about the pool boy, my stuff's so good he's started paying ME. :devil: :devil:

binary visions

The voice of reason
Jun 13, 2002
NC
bigginsis said:
that would have been awesome!! i'm still here, just in a different way. and if anyone you know starts talking about working at the medical library here at ecu tell them to run far away.
:thumb:

Maybe you can show my girlfriend and me the good bars and places to hang out when we get down there this August!

bigginsis

Monkey
Jun 20, 2004
binary visions said:
:thumb:

Maybe you can show my girlfriend and me the good bars and places to hang out when we get down there this August!

Seriously - let me know and I'd be glad to show you both around - there's some cool places around town and this is the only place int he world were 10th street actually meets and merges with 5th street. Not much planning done when they paved.

And if you're really good, maybe I'll show you where the BMXrs live. :sneaky:

Fathead

Monkey
May 6, 2003
SE TX
Mtb_Rob_FL said:
good for you, but that kind of ruins the whole Librarian fantasy :stosh:
Hope may not be lost. Might there be a white coat involved? Or even some nursey looking clothes?