Quantcast

??Why You No Friderp??

Greyhound

Trail Rat
Jul 8, 2002
Alamance County, NC
Good Morning!!

Hello sunshine?

We gathered in the town circle...all of us confused, eyes squinting....pasty. We stared into the sky at the yellow glowing orb that had appeared so suddenly and wondered aloud "What IS that?"

- That was an excerpt from my book about living in NC during the great "Moisture Period" of history....that I'm writing......starting just now.

Nick

My name is Nick
Sep 21, 2001
where the trails are
Looking at a house in an hour, bit through my lower lip last night trying to eat while having a conversation, then it swelled so I bit through it again. :mad:

Struggling to care today. All I do feels like it's for nothing these days.

Good thoughts for @jdcamb ... hope you're back on your feet really soon.

slyfink

Turbo Monkey
Sep 16, 2008
Ottawa, Canada
Ugh. stinkin humid last night. we didn't turn on the AC thinking it would cool off overnight. that was a mistake. no one slept well. I must have been up 4x last night. it currently feels like 89°F with the humidity despite actually being 74°F. I can vouch that this is true, having come to work by bike. 30 minutes in, and I'm still oozing sweat. gross. I may take another shower before getting dressed.

On the right trails, embracing the slip can be a downright blast! I actually prefer torrential downpour rain rides; so much fun.

Luckily we have trail systems around here that have a sandy soil base, so water is almost never a problem. :)
Agreed. which is why I stuck to the tech route despite my buddies wussing out. Steep, rocky, eroded jank. I friggin' love it. but in their effort to avoid taking that trail, they wasted time on other shitty trails and I ran out of light on the techy ones. Riding down steep, rocky, janky trails in the wet is one thing. Doing it blind is another. It would have been fun if I could see where I was going, but it turned into a survival run instead.

That said, I continue to be über impressed by my Vorsprung stuff. It was amazing in the high speed chunder. Last night it really shone in the steep, slippery tech. Full control, and very few "oh shit" moments. Remind me again who needs fat tires and fat rims for traction? such lizzerd bullshit. just get suspension sorted out.

StiHacka

Compensating for something
Jan 4, 2013
In hell. Welcome!
will your trail fork accept a Luftkappe? It's worth thinking about. In the immortal words of Tony the Tiger, they're grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrreat!
My MRP fork has this anti- bottom out doohickey already. Still, the difference between the DH 380 and the trail fork makes me crave coil.

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
Morning Monkeys.

Yay for dry Friday. Tomorrow is a hot mess, taking the pooch on a 5k heart walk, then rush home to grab lil Man for the Starlight parade. Sunday will be chill, just need to make it through today.

slyfink

Turbo Monkey
Sep 16, 2008
Ottawa, Canada
My MRP fork has this anti- bottom out doohickey already. Still, the difference between the DH 380 and the trail fork makes me crave coil.
The Luftkappe is more than just anti-bottom though. It's mainly a negative air chamber. I've found that I run more sag, and use less travel now. I have the LSC backed all the way off. the fork moves easily into its travel, and uses that first 60-70% very eagerly, yet somehow doesn't feel like it sits deep in its travel. It sounds counter-intuitive, as it feels linear at first, but ramps up nicely at the end. I'm not trying to sell you on it, as you clearly know what you want and like in suspension... I'm more trying to provide more data points.

TN

Hey baby, want a hot dog?
Jul 9, 2002
Jimtown, CO
beers at Asher last night after work with a bud who grows. gave me a fat slab of blue dream shatter. Gonna be nice to have while camping and fishing this weekend.

counting down to my first milestone of the work day...the arrival of the burrito lady.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
OH.

this morning as i was making my coffee before leaving, watched a fox chase down a young groundhog and proceed to throttle it. mother groundhog was displeased and made chase before deciding not to tangle with the fox.

unsure if this was the same fox that went after a fawn maybe 2 years ago.

DirtyMike

Turbo Fluffer
Aug 8, 2005
My own world inside my head
Rain rain and more rain. Not sure how much of Western Montana will be left when we finally dry out, but should be interesting to see the new waterways and high water marks. As the laws read, as long as you can access the river in the high water marks, you are legal to access. Kinda excited that all this flooding and water is going to open up new areas to fishing.

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
Well it finally happened, I ate shit hard on the donkey cross bike. Front wheel just collapsed under me on a slimy wooden wet bridge on the pathway. Was crossing it at probably 35km/h and hit the deck. When it happened, I was more concerned about not getting run over by the dudes behind me that what actually happened. The handlebars and who knows what else were completely tweaked right around.

I didn't notice it last night, but when I woke up this morning my right shoulder was stiff as fack. There is some cracking going on in it and it hurts to lift it. But once lifted it feels fine. Shoulders are stupid.

Is it beer time yet?

AngryMetalsmith

Business is good, thanks for asking
Jun 4, 2006
I have no idea where I am
Got to open up tonight and sling some rings. Smile and answer stupid questions while trying not to choke on the blood from biting my tongue.

If my appointment is profitable, perhaps I shall close early and avoid the Hop Zombies.

Last edited:

jstuhlman

bagpipe wanker
Dec 3, 2009
Cackalacka du Nord
had beers at lunch. then realized that today was the first of our summer “2 and through” days. Got some shit done after others left, left at 3:30, grabbed another beer on the way home, sice they had maine beer co on tap. sun’s out. bike was slowly refreshed this week after being beaten on last weekend with muddy dh laps. no moar rain in the forecast...good times.

TN

Hey baby, want a hot dog?
Jul 9, 2002
Jimtown, CO
Got to open up tonight and sling some rings. Smile and answer stupid questions while trying not to choke on the blood from my biting my tongue.

If my appointment is profitable, perhaps I shall close early and avoid the Hop Zombies.
no ones RM handle is truer

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Back to begining of material for review. Can't remember it. Fuck.

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
i need to build a treehouse on the land in pagosa springs and charge 300 a night with a minimum three night stay like these guys in montana...

20180601_172004.jpg