Quantcast

~~~Why you no up yet Sunday~~~

mandown

Poopdeck Repost
Jun 1, 2004
Transylvania 90210
hey if you go up 2 to near mt San Antonio if I remember correctly there is a gate for when they close the road. downhill from that is an old abandoned mine that we spent hours hiking though the old shafts. bring string and chalk so you can find your way out
Interesting. There’s a tunnel by the 2 off Mt Wilson that I used to ride through but not a mine. I know a guy who used to explore abandoned mines in the area so I’m not surprised.

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
The weekend ended with her coach saying "that wasn't bad, given how tired she was. She held on for a lot of laps before her times gave out".

The qualifier wasn't good. She spun off before they even crossed the start-finish for the first lap. A couple of kids were fucking around at the front to not be the one leading (because of the draft) and ended up causing a wreck behind them. Haley avoided it, but spun off the track and couldn't get back on.

The pre-final she finished fourth, but a DQ pushed her up to third. In the final, she hung on the two podium national circuit kids for 4 laps, but boggled a corner and lost them. Without the draft, she couldn't catch back up. She got caught by the other two quickly, holding them off for three laps, but got passed.

She was visibly driving tired by lap three of the final and the mistakes she was making were small, but accumulating. I told her Saturday morning that any racing this weekend was just about getting points. She was really upset with the finish because she feels that she gave up her positions by making stupid mistakes. Upset, but not as bad as usual, so a positive there. Plus hearing her coach say "hey, you did really good, especially given the whole weekend" probably helped some. She's downstairs watching the F1 replay and getting ready to fall asleep.

Hannah made a new best friend and decided that she wants to come to every race. She also told Wifey that she wants a kart so that she can race with Tilly and her other new friends, who also race. That was fun.

MIL is doing fine today. Her neighbor has been helping her today. It sounds like she's expecting a chiding from me and Wifey once we have time later this week.

gonefirefightin

free wieners
Things that I found in the first load of storage that were a complete surprise to me, keep in mind, some of these totes haven't been open since I deployed in 2003

- Enough parts to build 3 complete rifles
- 3 Vintage Cinema cameras and 4 vintage anamorphics
- A 400 year old Samurai sword
- An igloo lunchbox full of various challenge coins
- 3 complete NIB sets of i9 wheelsets
- Norba winners circle pint glass
- An SDG pitbike
- A Cigar box from the playboy mansion
- A Fresh 74' Stroked knucklehead motor
- PSE full hydro jeep steering
- 4 Bamboo fly rods
- Gary fisher J4 frame
- Microtech OTF
- line boring machine

Considering I have at least 4 more trailer loads to unpack I think I am going to find all kinds of bizarre things.

jdcamb

Tool Time!
Feb 17, 2002
Nowhere Man!
I went on a hike with my friend Danielle. Her family has a camp right next to the wildlife area. It was kind of cool to see bikers out on the trails. More than one.