Quantcast

Why you should lower you saddle....

MMcG

Ride till you puke!
Dec 10, 2002
Burlington, Connecticut
how much lower was your saddle? That's not the smoothest transition to that drop either - quite a lot of bucking going on even on the successful drop. Then again - mad props to you for going for it and landing it! :thumb:

Nebraska

Chimp
Apr 26, 2004
Voluntown CT
how much lower was your saddle?
Never did lower it...to much adrenaline...just realized afterwords when I was talking things over the guys...really got lucky I didn't just repeat the OTB on the second jump

I've seen a couple vids on that drop. Either that or it looks a lot like another one. What kinda bike you hittin' that with?
That would be the SC Bullit....you might have seen it before, I have it posted on Photobucket. I just don't like the quality of the vid over there....I think I might have posted this in the crash section once too...can't remember...it's still my fav vid of myself.

Sep 12, 2004
you bottomed out...hard

that means either you launched wrong (too slow and didnt hit the landing right) or the landing itself is not steep enough for the height

Nebraska

Chimp
Apr 26, 2004
Voluntown CT
Can’t remember, but I think it's an 03 or 04 Bullit...

As for the tranny...the angle wasn't bad...
I was going pretty slow and pulled up both times...my own fault. Should have been throwing it out more.

I've got footage of my friend hitting it just before me on his VP-Free and it was butter for him...of course the bike and his technique were both better than mine…if I remember right he was going even slower than me.

I’ll post the footage if I can find it.