Quantcast

Why????

denjen

Certified Lift Whore
Sep 16, 2001
Richmond VA
Why was the SA forum shut down for people posting to racy pictures on there. Today I am in the DH forum and this pops up in my face. Just wondering do we need to make RM NSFW?

Attachments

binary visions

The voice of reason
Jun 13, 2002
NC
You got a popup when you were logged in?

That's probably not RM, you probably have some adware on your computer somewhere... I haven't gotten RM popups in months.

Ridemonkey

This is not an active account
Sep 18, 2002
Toronto, Canada
Violin with that?

As explained before, everyone was posting pics in SA that they did not own. Thats right, there are things called copyrights. I was contacted several times by the copyright owners of some of those pics.

As for the ad - it pays the bills. So unless you would like to contribute financially, don't complain.

PonySoldier

Monkey
May 5, 2004
Woodland Park Colorado
Ridemonkey said:
Violin with that?

As explained before, everyone was posting pics in SA that they did not own. Thats right, there are things called copyrights. I was contacted several times by the copyright owners of some of those pics.

As for the ad - it pays the bills. So unless you would like to contribute financially, don't complain.

Frankly I like the ad :D

pnj

Turbo Monkey till the fat lady sings
Aug 14, 2002
seattle
binary visions said:
You got a popup when you were logged in?

That's probably not RM, you probably have some adware on your computer somewhere... I haven't gotten RM popups in months.
I get one everytime I come to RM. I doubt I have some adware crap on this machine, we have some crazy anti-everything software loading on these things (i'm at work...;))

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
denjen said:
Why was the SA forum shut down for people posting to racy pictures on there. Today I am in the DH forum and this pops up in my face. Just wondering do we need to make RM NSFW?
Are you a chick?

If so post your pic and we'll decide which is better.

MTB_Rob_NC

What do I have to do to get you in this car TODAY?
Nov 15, 2002
Charlotte, NC
pnj said:
I get one everytime I come to RM.
I get 1 pop-up the first time I log onto RM every AM, then nothing the rest of the day.

Not a big deal to me, I am just sharing...

binary visions

The voice of reason
Jun 13, 2002
NC
pnj said:
I get one everytime I come to RM. I doubt I have some adware crap on this machine, we have some crazy anti-everything software loading on these things (i'm at work...;))
Ahh, well. I paid the $20 when RM put up the program and enjoy a very speedy and completely ad-free existance.

Toshi

butthole powerwashing evangelist
Oct 23, 2001
TreeSaw said:
i also get a single popup from a.tribalfusion.com when reading at work. (at home i have that hostname mapped to 127.0.0.1 :mumble: )

BikeGeek

BrewMonkey
Jul 2, 2001
Hershey, PA
Mtb_Rob_FL said:
I get 1 pop-up the first time I log onto RM every AM, then nothing the rest of the day.
So, what you're saying is that something pops up first thing in the morning? I think that's normal. ;)

denjen

Certified Lift Whore
Sep 16, 2001
Richmond VA
Ridemonkey said:
Violin with that?

Definatly not complaining, I could look at boobs all day.

Ciaran

Fear my banana
Apr 5, 2004
So Cal
binary visions said:
Ahh, well. I paid the $20 when RM put up the program and enjoy a very speedy and completely ad-free existance.
:stupid:

Besides, there is nothing wrong with hot chicks.