Quantcast

..::Wicked Wednesday GMT::..

Quo Fan

don't make me kick your ass
Morning monkeys!

Did a site walk yesterday, kind of boring, but informative. Quarry shot today, blaster has a habit of not calling in the lat-longs until the morning of the shot. By the end of the season, we should have him trained to call in the day before.

Be safe out there.

binary visions

The voice of reason
Jun 13, 2002
NC
'morning monkeys.

Last night, Venus passed between the earth and the sun. Won't happen for another hundred years. I didn't have a solar filter for my camera so I shot a few while clouds passed in front the sun to cut a little of the light. f/57 & 1/8000th!

I know, I know... NERRRD.

DSC_7493.jpg

ICEBALL585

Bacontard
Sep 8, 2009
.:585:.
Morning.

The wife and I were woken up around 3am by some stupid neighborhood cats fighting outside my house. Had a hard time getting back to sleep so therefor I'm very tired at the moment. I have a feeling already this day is going to drag on.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
Morning.

The wife and I were woken up around 3am by some stupid neighborhood cats fighting outside my house. Had a hard time getting back to sleep so therefor I'm very tired at the moment. I have a feeling already this day is going to drag on.
oh you poor thing. you just described my sleeping pattern since about march. minus the cats.

mudgirl

Molester of monkeys
Jun 8, 2007
Tied up in the basement
'morning monkeys.

Last night, Venus passed between the earth and the sun. Won't happen for another hundred years. I didn't have a solar filter for my camera so I shot a few while clouds passed in front the sun to cut a little of the light. f/57 & 1/8000th!

Your photo > awesomeness than the one that the local NOAA station posted on FB this morning.

Iceball, just think of it as prep for all the sleepless nights after the little one arrives.

slyfink

Turbo Monkey
Sep 16, 2008
Ottawa, Canada
mornin' monkeys,

things are looking up today. My boy slept through the night last night (at 19.5 months it's still a rarity:think:), after staying with us for 2 nights my mom is going to stay at my brother's tonight, and my local hill is spinnin' the lifts for the first time this year tonight. and I'm going! :thumb:

BUFFALO

Vigorous Giver of Reputation
Feb 11, 2005
Renton, wa
'morning monkeys.

View attachment 111230
Awesome picture!!
Too cloudy here to see any of it unfortunately.
Great Sounders game last night! 5-0!! On to the quarter finals of the US Open cup!
Another day of working on cars looms ahead in my future. Plenty of job security I guess!
Hoping to go get some free firewood after work tonight. Need to start stacking it up for next year!
Have a great day doing whatever ya'll are doing!

eric strt6

Resident Curmudgeon
Sep 8, 2001
directly above the center of the earth
getting the truck/camper ready to head out to Durango from Norcal on Saturday. Changed the oil, swapped out the propane tanks, filled the fresh water tank, cleaned out the fridge etc. ahh nothing like a 12 day road trip with Mt Bikes

Jimmysal

Monkey
Mar 26, 2010
Vermont
After 3 days of regurgitating his meals and 2 vet visits, Meeko was running around the yard today acting like his usual self. He stopped suddenly, heaved a few times, and puked up a black glob caked in partially digested kibble the size of a small potato.

After careful inspection by my better half, it was determined to be an intact pair of her underwear.

Mystery solved.

eric strt6

Resident Curmudgeon
Sep 8, 2001
directly above the center of the earth
After 3 days of regurgitating his meals and 2 vet visits, Meeko was running around the yard today acting like his usual self. He stopped suddenly, heaved a few times, and puked up a black glob caked in partially digested kibble the size of a small potato.

After careful inspection by my better half, it was determined to be an intact pair of her underwear.

Mystery solved.
should have bought her "real" edible underwear

ICEBALL585

Bacontard
Sep 8, 2009
.:585:.

Mystery solved.
Reminds me of when I was younger and one of our dogs was sick for about a week. Finally at the end of the week the dog hacked up a zip lock bag with a leftover steak in it. The funny thing was that the zip lock bag was steal sealed up perfectly.

And no... we didn't check if the steak was still fresh.

BUFFALO

Vigorous Giver of Reputation
Feb 11, 2005
Renton, wa
One of our dogs, Ernie, has a real problem with eating things he shouldn't. On a weekly basis usually. Socks, underwear, torn up toys or other dog toys. We often come home to nasty piles in the house. Why do we love these animals so much?! Please remind me.

skibunny24

Enthusiastic Receiver of Reputation
Jun 16, 2010
Renton, WA

Mystery solved.
Totally! Ernie LOVES my underwear! He's always eating the pretty ones too... damnit dog.

skibunny24

Jun 16, 2010
Renton, WA
Um, yes, so Sounders game ruled. At work now... boss is in a meeting for the next couple hours so I can relax!!

She has this SUPER irritating habit of interrupting me when I'm talking on the phone/in person to tenants/to security/inthe middle of something by yelling across the office and giving me projects to do. Now, I have a five year old so I'm pretty adept at tuning out annoying things. I tried asking her to repeat herself after whatever I was done with whatever I was doing, but it still didn't stop the incessant annoying chatter on top of whatever else was going on, so yesterday... I called her out. Ahhhh... relief! She's super nice, so once I told her what she was doing, she was actually embarrassed I think because she can't see me from where she yells instructions and she didn't know how busy I've been. I hope our new solution (just e-mail the crap to me. Saves my ears and her from repeating herself.) pans out and STICKS. :) Pretty pleased about this.

norbar

KESSLER PROBLEM. Just cause
Jun 7, 2007
Warsaw :/
Weighted myself today. I think it's time for a beer ban. 1 year ago I was 155lb, now I'm 170lb and I doubt that muscle.

Jimmysal

Monkey
Mar 26, 2010
Vermont
Time for little followup on my malodorous mutt Meeko.

I get home from work today and I'm greeted by my enthusiastic puppy and less than enthusiastic girlfriend. After the requisite how-was-your-days, I ask how Meeko is doing since he ushered forth his undigested undergarment.

"Well, he's doing fine, but he ate them again."

At this point, there was much yelling and swearing. After my neck was sore from shaking my head nonstop for 10 minutes, things settled down a bit. I asked my lovely girlfriend to look up the oral dosage of Hydrogen Peroxide to induce vomiting in dogs. I'd be damned if I was going to put up with a puking pup for another week.

3.5 teaspoons would do it according to the website, and after dosing we were to take Meeko for a walk or shake his stomach to get the ball rolling. I took him outside to play fetch instead, because I was in a goddamn hurry. Meeko made it maybe 20 feet to the ball before he had to stop.

He heaved with all his puppy might, and managed to bring up the dinner he'd just eaten. We were dismayed at first, but our little guy wasn't about to let us down. He staggered 10 feet further towards the ball, stopped, and heaved again.

"GOT IT!"

There were the black underwear covered in kibble and foaming peroxide. They were warm too. I just thought I'd share that.

Meeko obviously sensed our joy, and moved 20 feet further down the lawn and began his encore.

Once,
Twice,
Three times...

And we were looking at another mysterious pile. This one was the same as the last in size and consistency... but it was red.

Shortly after assuring me she didn't own any red underwear; the love of my life determined that they were, in fact her red underwear. I was shocked.

Meeko sat staring at the horizon for several minutes contemplating his love for women's lingere and made a silent promise to himself to never let us give him medicine again. He walked back towards the house, taking a brief detour to the first pile that was his dinner. He thought he was quick, but with the hose, I was quicker.

Meeko retreated to the house, was rewarded by my doting dame with additional dinner, and is now trying to rescue his Kong from beneath the couch in our office.

Just another day.

Last edited:

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
Reminds me of when I was younger and one of our dogs was sick for about a week. Finally at the end of the week the dog hacked up a zip lock bag with a leftover steak in it. The funny thing was that the zip lock bag was steal sealed up perfectly.

And no... we didn't check if the steak was still fresh.
On several occasions my dog has puked up cliff bars still in the wrapper, seal unbroken.

skibunny24

Jun 16, 2010
Renton, WA
On several occasions my dog has puked up cliff bars still in the wrapper, seal unbroken.
Pfft, I had a plastic grocery bag full of protein bars in my purse... sitting on the floor. They got the damn things out of the purse, out of the grocery bag they were tied in, and out of their wrappers! Though we were scooping some shiny bits of wrapper from the yard that weekend...

norbar

KESSLER PROBLEM. Just cause
Jun 7, 2007
Warsaw :/
Get on it! :)
Thanks

The best way to do that would be not to cure my injuries with beer. 2x2month break from any exercise when I could ride a stationary bike + friends in bars = beersploitation.
Going on a slow carb diet right now+ a commuter and a ton of pump tracks. Should work well.

skibunny24

Jun 16, 2010
Renton, WA
Thanks

The best way to do that would be not to cure my injuries with beer. 2x2month break from any exercise when I could ride a stationary bike + friends in bars = beersploitation.
Going on a slow carb diet right now+ a commuter and a ton of pump tracks. Should work well.
You could always stick to the "calorie free" buzz... ;) ;)