Quantcast

Wide Bars?

subycar

Chimp
Dec 31, 2009
So I put some 760mm wide bars on the new build up I did about a month ago which is up from 680mm. Been having some troubles with pulling the handlebars to one side or the other on jumps. Not really a problem until it comes to thin landings. Could just be me but has anyone has this problem getting use to wider bars.

mtbman1127

Monkey
Mar 10, 2008
Raleigh, NC
Thats a big jump width wise. I had about a 680 and went to a 711 and love it. I have 745 on my DH bike and am still getting used to the width of them. I like it in some aspects and in others i'm still not too sure. I think most of it is riding and getting used to what you have. Maybe try something closer to the middle between the two and see what you think

subycar

Chimp
Dec 31, 2009
I was wrong they are actually 740mm but I truly believe it is me. :D Kind of went back to the beginning and it seems to be getting better. :weee:

bizutch

Delicate CUSTOM flower
Dec 11, 2001
Over your shoulder whispering
Just cut the behemoth 31" Boobar down on my DHR to just a hair under 30", ~760mm. It feels way better now after 1 afternoon run. I'm 5'10" and at 31", the bars were comfortable at speed for the most part, but any sort of quick turning, multiple turns, etc were frustrating. Turning actually takes more time to do, while more stable and less twitchy, with the wide bars. So maybe what you're feeling is not being able to correct as effortlessly?

I think my hand angle has changed too, but can't tell for sure just yet. Might be in my head.