Quantcast

Wide Flat bars for my EMD 9 - help me list my options

MMcG

Ride till you puke!
Dec 10, 2002
Burlington, Connecticut
All the local shops around here have are narrow flat bars without any or very little sweep to them.

Help me out with some options.

1. Salsa Pro Motos
2. Niner Flat Nine bars - but that would require me to get a new stem
3. Bonty?? - which ones and how are they?
4. Does Specialized make a wide flat bar?

Other options:

1. Marys - really wanna try them
2. Fleegles - not sure about them.

Am I leaving off something obvious and of good value?

Cheers,

Mark

ncj01

Chimp
Aug 16, 2006
those mary's and fleegles are pretty cheap, why not give it a shot? if you don't like, you can resale no problem...i've heard good things about the first 3 in your first list as well.....as long as you don't insist on ti or carbon, bars are pretty cheap.....expirament!

Cloxxki

Chimp
May 9, 2006
Pro Moto for weightweenie (I still want one)

Mary for "how did I ever live with broomstick bars?"

benwitt11

Chimp
May 9, 2006
Obvious? No. Good value? Debatable. Low, wide and comfy? Oh yeah! Good thing there aren't a lot of narrow trees around here. Custom Seven Ti, 710mm x 16 deg sweep. That's the sweet spot for me.

Attachments

N8 v2.0

Not the sharpest tool in the shed
Oct 18, 2002
The Cleft of Venus
benwitt11 said:
Obvious? No. Good value? Debatable. Low, wide and comfy? Oh yeah! Good thing there aren't a lot of narrow trees around here. Custom Seven Ti, 710mm x 16 deg sweep. That's the sweet spot for me.

Nice... but not pratical here... too many tress for those bars..

MMcG

Ride till you puke!
Dec 10, 2002
Burlington, Connecticut
benwitt11 said:

Those are nice. But way beyond my meager budget and too wide for some of the stuff we ride around here, especially my backyard trails!