Quantcast

Wide, Lo-Rise/Flat, DH Bars

Sandwich

Pig my fish!
Staff member
May 23, 2002
borcester rhymes

they used to make a 0mm rise, 2014 bar, which is what I'd find...but I think I say that every time this gets posted.

Kurt_80

Monkey
Jan 25, 2016
Perth, WA.
That was great advice. I found that exact model for cheap and cut it down to 780mm. Makes my bike more down-duro than ever.

received_259215805584674.jpeg

It's kind of weird looking, but it rides much better for everyday, non-steep and average speed trails. Front end is no longer washing out every second corner, and it feels like I have more control in general.

englertracing

you owe me a sandwich
Mar 5, 2012
La Verne
That was great advice. I found that exact model for cheap and cut it down to 780mm. Makes my bike more down-duro than ever.

View attachment 156623

It's kind of weird looking, but it rides much better for everyday, non-steep and average speed trails. Front end is no longer washing out every second corner, and it feels like I have more control in general.
So your trailriding a v10?
I think it would look less odd if you had a flat top crown.

Kurt_80

Monkey
Jan 25, 2016
Perth, WA.
So your trailriding a v10?
I think it would look less odd if you had a flat top crown.
The weird comment was more about flat bars looking unusual, given how rare they are. But now I have a complex about my crowns, so that's a positive haha!

I set some PRs on strava, so I am assuming, with limited data of course, that there's been a net improvement. No doubt a proper enduro bike would be better again, but for a budget option its good enough.

Plus you feel like cowboy rocking up with DH rig.

sethimus

neu bizutch
Feb 5, 2006
not in Whistler anymore :/

View attachment 156623

clearly needs a negative rise stem!

go full schurter