Quantcast

wifes BH is almost done

Kntr

Turbo Monkey
Jan 25, 2003
Montana
My wife really stepped it up this year on her 05 Big Hit. It is finally almost done with its upgrades.

Ruffian lock ons
CK headset
new 03 Super T, single spring and air assist
Kenda Nevegals 2.5 Stick E wire
Thompson
WTB Ti She seat
Galpher pads

I only have about $1900 in it. I still would like to change the rear shock for her. She doesn't like the feeling of the pedal platform. Im still thinking an Avalanche. The new Avalanche mono is looking pretty nice.

http://www.ridemonkey.com/forums/showthread.php?t=130067

Just thought I might share.

PatBranch

Turbo Monkey
Sep 24, 2004
wine country
Nice bike. I like the grey/red. For the fork, when the stickers get scratched, you could put red 888 bomber stickers on it. That would look good with the red in the frame..

allsk8sno

Turbo Monkey
Jun 6, 2002
Bellingham, WA
its probably over dampened for her weight assuming you dropped the spring down alot, need R and C control, she probably isn't hitting anything big and therefore needs little if any compression dampening.

Kntr

Turbo Monkey
Jan 25, 2003
Montana
The bike came with a 550lb spring. I had them put a 450lb on it. The propedal makes a clunking sound and feel. I have felt it on other Big Hits.

manhattanprjkt83

Rusty Trombone
Jul 10, 2003
Nilbog
Kanter said:
My wife really stepped it up this year on her 05 Big Hit. It is finally almost done with its upgrades.

Ruffian lock ons
CK headset
new 03 Super T, single spring and air assist
Kenda Nevegals 2.5 Stick E wire
Thompson
WTB Ti She seat
Galpher pads

I only have about $1900 in it. I still would like to change the rear shock for her. She doesn't like the feeling of the pedal platform. Im still thinking an Avalanche. The new Avalanche mono is looking pretty nice.

http://www.ridemonkey.com/forums/showthread.php?t=130067

Just thought I might share.
I like how you listed the grips first as if they were more of an upgrade than the fork :D

Discostu

Monkey
Nov 15, 2003
DH SB RIDER said:
ya pat that would be tight....if u were homesexual....whos gona spend 40 dollers on stickers? not me
Would you guys please shut up. You can do this bs in person, don't waste our time.

Nice Big Hit Kanter. Have you thought about having the vanilla tuned by Push, maybe they could valve it to match her weight better than something off the shelf.

Kntr

Turbo Monkey
Jan 25, 2003
Montana
manhattanprjkt83 said:
I like how you listed the grips first as if they were more of an upgrade than the fork :D
I had them swap the fork and grips before I even took it out of the bike shop. They had sold 3 Kinpins and all were returned it a week. They had one in the bike shop that blew just sitting on the showroom floor. :eek: