-CK headset
-Kenda 2.5 DH Stick E
-03 Super T with air assist
-Thompson seatpost
-Avalanche
-red Galpher brake pads
-E13 DRS
-WTB Ti-She seat

Ive been riding the bike for awhile since my Foes is down. This thing rocks. I did have to put a new spring in the Super T and a new spring on the AVY. Less than $2200 invested too.

Attachments

chicodude

The Spooninator
Mar 28, 2004
Paradise
Noob question for sure, But what side are your rebound/preload on?

Rebound on the left, preload on the right, right?

Kntr

Turbo Monkey
Jan 25, 2003
Montana
Rebound is the little bolt in the middle of the cap and the preload is the bigger black knob on the outside of the bolt.

There is only rebound on the air assist side but you use the air assist for preload.

Brakes are squeeeeeeek free.

Monkeybidnezz

Turbo Monkey
Dec 16, 2003
Pac NW
Very nice...do you have dual 24"s? The front looks like it's the same size as the rear. Great big rig, I think you have almost as much fun upgrading your wifes as your own...very cool.

Kntr

Turbo Monkey
Jan 25, 2003
Montana
DHS said:
what spring is on the avy?
lightweight eh?
Right now the spring on the Avy is a 550 so I can ride the bike. It has been powdercoated silver by the previous owner. This winter I will send the shock to Craig and have it valved for her and a 350 spring put on it.

The bike weighs in at about 41 lbs. My wife is 5'7" and 130 but she is super strong and still rides the bike uphill.

The wheels are 24/26s but both are 2.5s The Kenda 24 seems to have a little more sidewall and actually does look like a 26.

ncrider

Turbo Monkey
Aug 15, 2004
Los Angeles
Not to knock your wife at all, but does she notice a difference in performance? Or is it just that your building up a sick second ride for you......................and the wife?

Kntr

Turbo Monkey
Jan 25, 2003
Montana
ncrider said:
Not to knock your wife at all, but does she notice a difference in performance? Or is it just that your building up a sick second ride for you......................and the wife?
Ever since I bought her the bike she complained about the rear shock. That it felt choppy and had a clunky feel. The clunk was the propedal. Yes, I had the right spring on the bike for her weight. She has been riding for about 5 years now and she knows more about shocks than some guys. She is really good at explaining what she like and dislikes about her bike. I just fixed the problem she was complaining about.

Yes, I am riding the bike till my Foes comes back from warrenty. So ya, its my second bike. I gotta ride man. She doesn't like to ride in the cold and wet so it has been working out in my favor. ;)