Quantcast

Wife's new build...

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
Finally got the wheels today after waiting a few weeks for them from Gyna. I hate mounting tubeless GP5000's.

Next steps are cut the steerer, trim the brake lines, tune the gears, wrap the bars.

20200325_180201.jpg

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
I like the new wireless rider power-transmission tech on display there.

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
Drivetrain was finished this afternoon, steerer was cut, just brakes and bar tape to finish and I guess some sealant in the tyres.

Jm_

sled dog's bollocks
Jan 14, 2002
AK
Lightbicycle are actually the same as other manufacturer in China,Most of their rim are made by others just small amount of their rim made by themself,most importantly their price are not competitive at all compare to Farsport,WS and Elitewheels
I have two pair of LB wheels, they are great. Actually, I have 2 LB, 2 Nextie, 1 Carbonspeed and 1 Oxive (not out of business). All are great.

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
Those tires are gnarly.
Just took several attempts to get one of my last couple remaining GP 5000 TR's mounted to my front wheel. I have one left in my stores which I need to swap onto the rear of my bike. Then I'll be glad to try and see if the new replacement 5000 S TL version is easier to mount when I pick some up.

amishmatt

Turbo Monkey
Sep 21, 2005
Lancaster, PA
I think you have that backwards? The S TR is the new version. I love my old TLs and still hunt them down instead of buying the new S TR. The bead is little slippery to mount, but not what I'd consider difficult.

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
I think you have that backwards? The S TR is the new version. I love my old TLs and still hunt them down instead of buying the new S TR. The bead is little slippery to mount, but not what I'd consider difficult.
I did, sorry. Old TL's versus newer S TR's. Why are you preferring them over the newer version?

On mine and wife's Light Bicycle Carbon rims they're silly tough to get mounted because of the thick bead and not overly deep center channel.

amishmatt

Turbo Monkey
Sep 21, 2005
Lancaster, PA
I did, sorry. Old TL's versus newer S TR's. Why are you preferring them over the newer version?

On mine and wife's Light Bicycle Carbon rims they're silly tough to get mounted because of the thick bead and not overly deep center channel.
I haven't tried the new, I just really like the old, and I'm put off a little by reviews of the new version being more prone to flats.

I have LB wheels on all my bikes, road included. A couple of sets of WR45s and WR35s and the GP5000s don't give me any real trouble.

amishmatt

Turbo Monkey
Sep 21, 2005
Lancaster, PA
I finally picked up some new S TRs and set them up a couple of weeks ago. On my rims, they were definitely tighter and harder to mount than the prior TL version.

I moved up to 30c this time, and they filled out to 33mm on my rims with a 25mm internal width. Initially didn't love them, but after dialing in the pressure over a few rides, I'm happy. They fell grippier than the TLs did, yet still roll super fast.

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
My Cervelo S3 won't take bigger than 25 at the back and for all the years I rode on 23's at 110 psi, I can happily live with a tubeless 25 at 84psi. Wife's Colnago might take a 28, so I may look at that when she needs new shoes.