Quantcast

Wifey's going to kill me part ?

DirtMcGirk

<b>WAY</b> Dumber than N8 (to the power of ten alm
Feb 21, 2008
Oz
Brown Santa just dropped my SB66 36 Race off.

Now to find time to build it.

Upside of not being married yet is that I don't have to explain why I blew a lot of money on my bike. And thankfully she likes buying herself $900 shoes, so it all works out in the wash.

Full Trucker

Frikkin newb!!!
Feb 26, 2003
Exit, CO
Would you say it feels "PLUSH"? You know, like a carpet?
It definitely feels moar like a fine Berber than, say, a Saxony.

It's also really smooth over square-edged hits, corners really precisely, and pedals quite well. Congrats on the new bike, Stoney. You'll dig it. If it ships with the CTD rear shock, you may be alright as it has a smaller air can than an RP23, IIRC. That said, you might still over-tax the rebound circuitry on that bad chicken, so it might have to go to Push anyways. I'm not sure if it's the same eye-to-eye and stroke as your 575?

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
It's also really smooth over square-edged hits, corners really precisely, and pedals quite well. Congrats on the new bike, Stoney. You'll dig it. If it ships with the CTD rear shock, you may be alright as it has a smaller air can than an RP23, IIRC. That said, you might still over-tax the rebound circuitry on that bad chicken, so it might have to go to Push anyways. I'm not sure if it's the same eye-to-eye and stroke as your 575?
Are you calling me fat? I hope it's able to run stock. It is a different size though.

Last edited:

DirtMcGirk

<b>WAY</b> Dumber than N8 (to the power of ten alm
Feb 21, 2008
Oz
Separate bank accounts FTW.

I'd have sex with your bike. Not the cuddling, sweet nothings sex either. The dirty, in a bar bathroom and I'd never call it again sex. Yea, that'd be hot.

Jeremy R

<b>x</b>
Nov 15, 2001
behind you with a snap pop
No dropper post, eh? Hmmm... Perhaps I don't REALLY need one...
Ha, you are like the 4th or 5th person that has mentioned the dropper post. I have one buddy who I think loves his dropper post more than riding itself. I guess I will end up getting one, but I just constantly see people having problems with them all the time. My Thomson posts have always been awesome and they have never raised my seat violently back up popping me in my man rounds. That is always a plus in a product.

Da Peach

Outwitted by a rodent
Jul 2, 2002
North Van
Jeremy is THAT much better than you. I suggest the dropper.
Oh, I have no doubt of his superior skeels. It is just surprising to see such a bling-machine with such a glaring omission. It's like...a fancy bike with no dropper post.

Ha, you are like the 4th or 5th person that has mentioned the dropper post. I have one buddy who I think loves his dropper post more than riding itself. I guess I will end up getting one, but I just constantly see people having problems with them all the time. My Thomson posts have always been awesome and they have never raised my seat violently back up popping me in my man rounds. That is always a plus in a product.
Yeah...I've still not made the leap either. I welcome the break to take a breather and drop the saddle after a long climb. It's the more undulate-y rides where the guys I ride with seem to just take off. Of course, big-ted takes off without the benefit of a dropper...so... Maybe I just think they're a nifty item and WANT one.

I also note that the build kits on competitive cyclist never seem to include them. Just seems odd. I'm going to ogle one tonight after work. A medium carbon.

stoney

Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
It was sent to CA, so it's into the mail for CO today. Hopefully I get it by Friday, but I'm not holding my breath. It looks like I'll be able to keep all of the parts the same, just swapping to a larger front ring. I will need to get a new cassette so I can climb and a chain.

Anybody want to buy an XL 575?

stoney

Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
The frame is sitting in my car, along with my 575 frame. They are going to the shop tonight to have the headset swapped.

stoney

Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
It's swanky. They even have built in chain slap protectors. They're weet.

jdcamb

Tool Time!
Feb 17, 2002
Nowhere Man!
If she kills you and goes to jail, she may be raped by a lesbian. As she is plunging the Kitchen knife into your chest, smile at her while that thought enters and exits your spank bank...

Wait what happens to the spank bank when you die? Can you get into heaven with a huge balance in your account? Will you need a spank bank in heaven? Do you think Marilyn Monroe is in Heaven? How about Farah Fawcett?

Last edited:

stoney

Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
I can almost guarantee with a brand new baby the wife won't notice for about 3 years. And by then it won't be a new bike any more...
She's the one that accepted it from UPS. Plus, it's hot green. It is very hard to miss.

stoney

Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
If she kills you and goes to jail, she may be raped by a lesbian. As she is plunging the Kitchen knife into your chest, smile at her while that thought enters and exits your spank bank...

Wait what happens to the spank bank when you die? Can you get into heaven with a huge balance in your account? Will you need a spank bank in heaven? Do you think Marilyn Monroe is in Heaven? How about Farah Fawcett?
There really is something wrong with you.

stoney

Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Current build status:

I still need to acquire a rear brake adapter for 180mm, D-type 9-speed front derailluer, and 70mm Thomson stem. Otherwise I am waiting on a few (not immediately required) parts like a new cassette and chain - I can get away with my existing for now. I'll be swapping my rear tire out to a 2.4 instead of the 2.25 I am currently running.

I want to swap out the bashguard for white and once we fix it, the RS dropper post will be installed. I will also be cutting my steerer once I get everything set up properly.

stoney

Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
I talked with my shop back in SF because I had an issue I needed to fix on the 575 before I could sell it, and he ordered the 9sp D-type front der that I need. AngryMetasmith has a brake adapter coming too.

I have almost everything I need inbound. Although I did just realize that I do need the new chain for the build...