Quantcast

Wifey's going to kill me part ?

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
Shut your pie hole. If I wasn't riding DH, I'd stay on the air shock. They are glorius for all things not dedicated DH.
your opinion is ill informed. saw at least a dozen guys on ccdba's at the mt snow race over the weekend. and these weren't all little lightweight kids either.

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
your opinion is ill informed. saw at least a dozen guys on ccdba's at the mt snow race over the weekend. and these weren't all little lightweight kids either.
maybe sell the stock Fox and use that money + moar cash to get the ccdbair?
I've got a line on a CCDB and RC4 for <$200, so I'm working around that. I would prefer to just get a coil and call it a day. Weight is not something that I am supremely concerned about, because I have far more to gain by just going on a diet.

FT did have a good suggestion, which is to keep the air shock for sales purposes later. That being said, mitigating the cost of the shock is primary.

stoney

Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Have a Burley, and we've been rocking out. It's only been warm enough to take her out for about a month now. I'm trying to ride to work 2x a week, at least until I get some fitness and strength again. Once I get somewhat up to speed, I'll try to do 3x.

Edit: Also, the kid needs to be able to hold their head up w/ a helmet before they can go into the trailer.

Last edited:

stoney

Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Back on topic here...

My RC4 showed up yesterday and I got it mounted up today. It's just mounted, so I'm still going to need to spend time setting it up. It feels like the 550# spring it came with is probably too soft, but I'll clear that up soon enough. I've never had a shock with proper high and low speed damping, so I'll probably need help figuring that out.

There is a definite and noticeable weight addition. The stock Float CVT only weighs 247 grams vs the RC4 at 963 grams. The spread being 716 grams, or 1.58lbs. When I weighed the bike last week, it was 35.2lbs in full DH kit, so we can just call it 36.8lbs for DH mode. A Ti spring is not off the table, but I need to figure out the correct spring weight before I drop that kind of coin.We'll see what it weighs when I get it back into trail bike kit. There is a chance that I might just keep both shocks and swap them when I change riding mode.

Edit: I just realized how bad a picture I took for the full bike. I'll update it in the morning.

Last edited: