Quantcast

Wild goose chase!!

Feb 2, 2008
Sitting at my computer at 9:30am in Ellensburg, I read a post about a group riding rat pac today. I look it up and says they are meeting at 10am #$^#!! i thought. I have 30 minutes to get ready and get to Cle Elum. I throw all my stuff in the truck and race for Cle Elum. Get there at 10:20, drive to Roslyn looking for a group of 20 mt. bikes and see nothing. Go back to Cle Elum bike and board and get directions to the Roslyn Brewery where the group was meeting. After driving back to Roslyn, I see 10 or so cars all with empty bike racks. I turn around and drive to the bottom of the gravel road and hike my little butt off trying to catch this group. Right before the top I decide to take the road that goes off to the right that the trail crosses to give me an extra 10 min or so to catch this group that was probably 30 minutes ahead of me. I take off down the trail as fast as possible pedaling everywhere. Get all the way to the bottom and never saw a soul. Pedal back to my truck and for ****s and giggles I drive back to the brewery to see if I wasn't fast enough and there are all 10 or so cars with empty bike racks!!! Only thing I can think of is that when I cut the top 10 minutes off I passed them and then raced ahead. Oh well. Maybe next time.
Reid

Last edited:

Borneo

Turbo Monkey
Mar 22, 2004
Duvall
I have not heard from anyone yet but my guess is you just missed them in town heading West to go up that way via the single track trails to the top and then they chilled at the ridge West of upper Rat Pac for a while prior to heading over to Rat Pac proper. I've ridden there for years and there's no road to the right off the main climb that bisects the trail unless it went in this year???? So, they were probably coming down a bit behind you and may have even rode back up the main road for a run down No6 back into town. So, yeah, you looped ahead of them. How were conditions?