Quantcast

Wildernest Directions?

dream4est

Monkey
Jan 28, 2003
biker3 said:
Ill be near silverthorne/vail the week after Idaho and I was wondering where I can find some good directions to these jumps?

How's the condition? Is it worth the trip from Vail?
take exit 205 off i-70. get in the left hand lane and take a left at the 7/11 (wildernest road). go 1.5 miles or so. look for salt lick condos on your left. park in the dirt area 50 yeards after the condo sign on your left. youll see two trails heading into the forest from the parking lot. take the left trail and ride for 300 feet. the jumps are on your left.
there are two medium lines, one small line, a pump track and various single jumps. the lips were nice. but the two medium lines (one is the hip line that minnaar is shown on in a vid) are spaced weird. like 3 or 4 to 1 ratio of gap to tranny (instead of the typical 1 1/2 or 2 to 1). the jumps in those lines need to be built up (the mounds are 3-4 feet high). but they work and they have good lips. i liked the pump track the best. a little loop singletrack with rollers, tables, etc. the pump track was built by nate hills, a local pro dher.
i would say its worth the trip only if your going to ride keystone for a day and hit the jumps after. if your leaving vail to hit jumps drive all the way to arbor in arvada or gunbarrel in boulder. or call me and well talk about "other" options. i could take you to a day full of tasty stuff.