Quantcast

Wile E. Coyote, Super Genius - contest of sorts

Damn True

Monkey Pimp
Sep 10, 2001
Between a rock and a hard place.
Ok gang need some help settleing a bet with a friend.

My contention:
That in one, and only one, Warner Bros. cartoon the Coyote actually speaks. On a number of occasions says something to the effect of: "Allow me to introduce myself. I am Wile E. Coyote. Genius." and in one particularly memorable bit is standing in a shack full of Nitro Glycerine (which is on railroad tracks - natch) says: "Wile E. Coyote. Super Genius. Hehe. I like the way that rolls off the tounge. Wile E. Coyote. Super Genius."

She says:
It never happend.

So I'm enlisting the combined internet search powers of all of RIDEMONKEY (more powerful than Google IMO) to help me settle the bet.
Im looking for the clip. Ive found the sound .wav file, but I need video.

A free very cool T-shirt (new even) to the one that gets me a link first.

Skookum

bikey's is cool
Jul 26, 2002
in a bear cave
Just googled out of curiousity and the episodes where he spoke he was chasing Bugs Bunny around instead of the Roadrunner.
Seems the popular notion and recollection is those episodes sucked too.....

Skookum

bikey's is cool
Jul 26, 2002
in a bear cave
Hmmm investigating further i've found out that Ralph Wolf is not Wile E Coyote yet is in fact his cousin. All the cartoons where he tries stealing sheep and instead always winds up getting Sam the Sheepdogs fist in his gullet.

Craw

Monkey
Mar 17, 2002
The episode that Wile E Coyote talks is called "Operation: Rabbit" (1952).

"Allow me to introduce myself... My name is Wile E. Coyote, GENIUS. I am not selling anything, nor am I working my way through college, and so let's get down to cases. You are a rabbit and I am going to eat you for supper. Now, don't try to get away. I am more muscular, more cunning, faster and larger than you are -- and I'm a GENIUS. While you could barely pass the entrance examination to kindergarten. So, I'll give you the customary two minutes to say your prayers. "
-- Wile E. Coyote in "Operation: Rabbit" (1952)

dhtahoe

I LOVE NORBA!!!!
Feb 4, 2002
Flying Low Living Fast
Craw said:
The episode that Wile E Coyote talks is called "Operation: Rabbit" (1952).

"Allow me to introduce myself... My name is Wile E. Coyote, GENIUS. I am not selling anything, nor am I working my way through college, and so let's get down to cases. You are a rabbit and I am going to eat you for supper. Now, don't try to get away. I am more muscular, more cunning, faster and larger than you are -- and I'm a GENIUS. While you could barely pass the entrance examination to kindergarten. So, I'll give you the customary two minutes to say your prayers. "
-- Wile E. Coyote in "Operation: Rabbit" (1952)
Damn... he also talks in a roadrunner episode. He explains the anatomy of a roadrunner and how to prepare it. Sorry Brian :p

Tweek

I Love Cheap Beer!
Damn True said:
That had to have been pure conjecture. The Coyote never caught the Roadrunner, so how would he have known?
Not true. He did catch him one episode, except the RR was giant (or maybe he was shrunken). At the cartoon's close, Wile E. holds up a sign that says 'OK, I caught him -- NOW what do I do?!'

Tweek

I Love Cheap Beer!
MtnBikerChk said:
those are my too favorite episodes.

"and remember, mud spelled backwards, is dum."
Yeah, Operation Rabbit is one of my all time favs. I love Wile's opening line (quoted above), plus how his cocksureness is his downfall.
The early Coyote/RR cartoons are outstanding as well. Unfortunately, the quality started to dive-bomb in the late '50s/early '60s.

Damn True said:

My contention:
That in one, and only one, Warner Bros. cartoon the Coyote actually speaks. On a number of occasions says something to the effect of: "Allow me to introduce myself. I am Wile E. Coyote. Genius." and in one particularly memorable bit is standing in a shack full of Nitro Glycerine (which is on railroad tracks - natch) says: "Wile E. Coyote. Super Genius. Hehe. I like the way that rolls off the tounge. Wile E. Coyote. Super Genius."

She says:
It never happend.

So I'm enlisting the combined internet search powers of all of RIDEMONKEY (more powerful than Google IMO) to help me settle the bet.

I have a ton of Wile E cartoons on VHS but they are still packed (cuz we moved). As soon as I can find the box, I'll go through them.

Of course, then I'll have to find the vcr too :)

Crashby

Monkey
Jan 26, 2003
Rochester, NY
Damn True said:

My contention:

She says:
It never happend.

I have it on my hard drive now... found it! I can FTP it somewhere or mail you a CD.... PM me...