Quantcast

Wilfred

IH8Rice

I'm Mr. Negative! I Fail!
Aug 2, 2008
Im over here now
awesome show...and a good lead in show to Louie (which is even better).
i thought Elijah Wood would be stupid in a tv show but he actually plays the part well.

clarkenstein

Monkey
Nov 28, 2008
i love louie, but wilfred just didn't catch me for some reason. i'll have to give it a third try. any episode better than any others? i can catch all past episodes on my cable on-demand thingy.

denjen

Certified Lift Whore
Sep 16, 2001
Richmond VA
LOVE Wilfred!

Great concept. They pulled it off well. If you have a dog, you can relate. :thumb:

It never gets old watching Wilfred pull tubes in the basement. :D
In the first episode when wilfred asked for some water, and then used it to fill up his bong, I was hooked

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
Fun fact. The dude who plays the dog is the creator and also played the dog in the original.

I think it's damn funny and makes for a good lead in to Louie.

"Why is the sky gray? Why is the grass gray? Why is a rainbow gray, gray, gray, gray, gray, and infragray?"

Jun 1, 2011
Denver
Wilfred is such a great show, only problem is it's on the at the same time as Futurama. Since Futurama isn't on demand I'm always a week behind on Wilfred :(

zdubyadubya

Turbo Monkey
Apr 13, 2008
Ellicott City, MD
just started and got caught up... and ummm...

"anger is like herpes... you're not meant to keep it to yourself"

wow... show is incredibly funny but definitely makes you cringe.

Uncle Cliffy

Turbo Monkey
Jan 28, 2008
Southern Oregon
Some good lines from the last episode:

Ryan: Eat s**t! Eat s**t!
Wilfred: Again, your tone says insult, but what I'm hearing is a tempting offer.

Ryan: You son of a bitch!
Wilfred: How is that an insult? I've never understood that.

Ryan: I'm not crazy.
Wilfred: Said the man to the dog.

jimmydean

Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
OK, so I got the 2 seasons of the original and it's damn funny as well. I like the US version because the premise is slightly better and the hobbit is funnier, but the original is crazy.

The Aussie version also has a few more folks in animal suits.

Wilfred: So you think you are Dr. Dolittle now, do you? Dr. Do as little as f-ing possible maybe.

IH8Rice

Aug 2, 2008
Im over here now
Some good lines from the last episode:

Ryan: Eat s**t! Eat s**t!
Wilfred: Again, your tone says insult, but what I'm hearing is a tempting offer.

Ryan: You son of a bitch!
Wilfred: How is that an insult? I've never understood that.

Ryan: I'm not crazy.
Wilfred: Said the man to the dog.
:rofl: i was dying at those lines.

BIGHITR

WINNING!
Nov 14, 2007
Maryland, east coast.
I watched the first few episodes, and the dog smoking the bong thing I figured producers would think it would hold the show but I lost interest in it. Wood just don't hold my interest as an actor. The show just don't do it for me. I am a dog owner and I understand some of the stuff they do because of the way dog's behave, but I still just don't find it all that interesting to watch now and I gave up on it. GREAT concept for a show but just not well enough pulled off to make it look the real deal. Maybe show a real dog going down the street with wood and then when he speaks to Wilfred, he looks like the human version or even put him on all fours but it's just asking me to stretch the imagination to far so I don't watch it anymore. I didn't even know Futurama is still on.

IH8Rice

Aug 2, 2008
Im over here now
I watched the first few episodes, and the dog smoking the bong thing I figured producers would think it would hold the show but I lost interest in it. Wood just don't hold my interest as an actor. The show just don't do it for me. I am a dog owner and I understand some of the stuff they do because of the way dog's behave, but I still just don't find it all that interesting to watch now and I gave up on it. GREAT concept for a show but just not well enough pulled off to make it look the real deal. Maybe show a real dog going down the street with wood and then when he speaks to Wilfred, he looks like the human version or even put him on all fours but it's just asking me to stretch the imagination to far so I don't watch it anymore. I didn't even know Futurama is still on.
the point. you missed it.
its a guy in a dog suit for christ's sake.

zdubyadubya

Turbo Monkey
Apr 13, 2008
Ellicott City, MD
This right here just negated the entire paragraph. You fail.

Uncle Cliffy

Turbo Monkey
Jan 28, 2008
Southern Oregon

jimmydean

Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
so does our version hold a candle to the Aussie one?
I think the premise of the US version is better (Hot neighbor has dog vs. girlfriend has dog) and I really like Elijah Wood as Ryan and neighbor interactions. But the original has a few more characters in costume (Wilfred's dad was awesome) and they can show a lot more (full frontal, crack use, etc.) The original is a lot darker, too.

While both are funny, I like the US version better. See how long they can hold it, though.

BIGHITR

WINNING!
Nov 14, 2007
Maryland, east coast.
Aren't you 13?
You don't think it's funny because you don't get half the jokes.
I'm about four times that age unfortunately and to me, it's just not funny. :hmm:
If it get's a second season I'd be surprised. Gomer Pyle, now that was funny. Hogan's Hero's, that was funny! Get Smart, that was funny. But Wilfred, mmmnaaah not for me. Although I did laugh at the bong the first night, that kind of wore off.

Beef Supreme

Turbo Monkey
Oct 29, 2010
Hiding from the stupid
I'm about four times that age unfortunately and to me, it's just not funny. :hmm:
If it get's a second season I'd be surprised. Gomer Pyle, now that was funny. Hogan's Hero's, that was funny! Get Smart, that was funny. But Wilfred, mmmnaaah not for me. Although I did laugh at the bong the first night, that kind of wore off.
Target market... You are not in it.

The yoga scene was freaking hilarious.

Uncle Cliffy

Turbo Monkey
Jan 28, 2008
Southern Oregon
So who's still watching? It's funny, but the concept's kinda worn out already...?

This part's not bad:

Yes, I realized I'm bumping a thread with BIGHITR posts...