Quantcast

will a boxxer RC rebound work in a boxxer WC ?

saruti

Turbo Monkey
Oct 29, 2006
Israel
I lost the dials from my WC boxxer
the price for it is high because you cant just buy it, you need to buy the all rebound parts...
the rebound of the RC is less money.
will it work in the WC fork?

thanks

Freeridin'

Monkey
Oct 23, 2006
Colorado
32mm or 35mm Boxxer?

The 35mm Boxxer Team/World Cup/ R2C2/ blah blah has high and low speed rebound...essentially two knobs. A Race/RC rebound knob will not be able to replace it.

saruti

Turbo Monkey
Oct 29, 2006
Israel
35 mm 2010
I want to replace all of the rebound. including the parts in the fork.
not only the knob out of the fork.

thanks

GekoES

Chimp
Oct 16, 2012
Spain
I serviced a Domain RC (pretty much the same as a Boxxer RC) and my Boxxer WC and I think it is not possible, they have completely different internals and, if I am not wrong, the bottom-right hole on the legs is bigger on the WC.

Last edited:

Verskis

Monkey
May 14, 2010
Tampere, Finland
I serviced a Domain RC (pretty much the same as a Boxxer RC) and my Boxxer WC and I think it is not possible, they have completely different internals and, if I am not wrong, the bottom-right hole on the legs is bigger on the WC.
There is a reduction spacer on the bottom hole of the right leg of a Boxxer RC, the Boxxer WC would need this spacer in order to use the RC rebound damper.

Steve M

Turbo Monkey
Mar 3, 2007
Whistler
There is a reduction spacer on the bottom hole of the right leg of a Boxxer RC, the Boxxer WC would need this spacer in order to use the RC rebound damper.
On top of that, the shaft diameter of the RC damper is far smaller, which means it pushes much less oil through your compression damper. The end result would be a decrease in rebound performance and extremely low compression damping.

big-ted

Danced with A, attacked by C, fired by D.
Sep 27, 2005
Vancouver, BC
I lost the dials from my WC boxxer
the price for it is high because you cant just buy it, you need to buy the all rebound parts...
the rebound of the RC is less money.
will it work in the WC fork?

thanks
You know you can just use an allen key and wrench to adjust the rebound, right?

saruti

Turbo Monkey
Oct 29, 2006
Israel
checked with the ROCKSHOX man here
he said it will work
there is no different in the oil that will pass through the compression, because the shaft is the same size. so it will make the same oil height when it enters the oil bath.

Steve M

Turbo Monkey
Mar 3, 2007
Whistler
checked with the ROCKSHOX man here
he said it will work
there is no different in the oil that will pass through the compression, because the shaft is the same size. so it will make the same oil height when it enters the oil bath.
Sorry but anyone telling you they are the same is definitely wrong. The R2C2 damper shaft is 19mm diameter, the RC shaft is somewhere between 12-12.7mm (don't have one in front of me to measure up right now), this means the R2C2 is displacing MORE THAN DOUBLE the oil that the RC shaft displaces.

HAB

Chelsea from Seattle
Apr 28, 2007
Seattle
Steve is correct. Will not work well.

Why not just buy new knobs if that's what this is all about?