Quantcast

Will an evil cahinguide fit......

Dash01

Chimp
Feb 13, 2004
Seattle, WA
Will an evil chainguide fit my 2001 big hit comp with azonic cranks. I ask because the frame doesnt have the usual mounting holes, being a 2001 and all, and because my azonic 454 cranks are a bit different then most other cranks.

Thanks in advance,
Eric

RD

Monkey
Jul 31, 2003
Boston, MA
yes, an e13 guide will work perfectly in this application. you do not need iscg mounting holes to install an e13 guide, nor is it recommended. e13 guides are supplied with an adapter that will allow you to sandwich the guide between your driveside bb cup and your bb shell, allowing you to haev the guide simply rotate under an extreme impact rather than damage a frame (it is pretty common to see damaged bb shells and iscg mounts).

the 110BCD will give you many choices for chainrings, and may I suggest forgoing the entire spider and getting a crown chainwheel instead? The crown chainwheel and a 110BCD e13 STS guide would be a hot set-up for sure. email the e13 crew if you need any more help.

Ricky

Dash01

Chimp
Feb 13, 2004
Seattle, WA
Where might I find one of these chainwheel dealies. I really like the idea of it, and it looks sick. I looked on the e-thirteen components website and the prices look ok, but it is msrp and I am on a budget. Is there anywhere that offers them below msrp?

Brian HCM#1

MMMMMMMMM BEER!!!!!!!!!!
Sep 7, 2001
Bay Area, California
Originally posted by Karpieldisco
I agree with above. I have one on my disco and I had to use the adapt. included in with the guide.

Works like a dream..
Did you have to use a longer BB spindle or do you have Profiles, and that chainline is way outta wack.

Dash01

Chimp
Feb 13, 2004
Seattle, WA
As much as I like the idea of the chainwheel, it would be much cheaper to just get a chainring and use my spider. What type of chainring do you should I use?

My spider has holes for 5x 74mm and 110mm. On the evil website it says to use the middle chainring, does this mean I should run a 5x74mm? I would really like to run 5x110 36t or 38t. Is it possible?

Brian HCM#1

MMMMMMMMM BEER!!!!!!!!!!
Sep 7, 2001
Bay Area, California
Originally posted by Dash01
As much as I like the idea of the chainwheel, it would be much cheaper to just get a chainring and use my spider. What type of chainring do you should I use?

My spider has holes for 5x 74mm and 110mm. On the evil website it says to use the middle chainring, does this mean I should run a 5x74mm? I would really like to run 5x110 36t or 38t. Is it possible?
I like the Blackspire, and use a 36t 5x110.