Quantcast

Will the TSA confiscate my Romic if packed in my checked suitcase?

Will the TSA nab my shock?

• It will clear TSA inspections

Votes: 13 59.1%
  • It will no clear TSA inspections and I will be forced to throw it and my toothpaste out.

Votes: 5 22.7%
  • Dont risk it, your DHX is reliable enough to get you through the season care free.

Votes: 4 18.2%

• Total voters

mack

Turbo Monkey
Feb 26, 2003
Colorado
So, I am packing my clothes and things for my flight tomorrow morning bound for Ct after spending the summer here in Idaho. I shiped my turner a week ago in two bike boxes, one for the bike and the other for the front fork and wheel and other bike related parts (spares and gear). Anyways, while packing my clothes I discover that my spare romic double D shock some how found its way into my underwear drawr. Anyways, will the TSA confiscate the shock or inspect my bag for 'suspicious objects' if I pack it? The shock is under nitrogen pressure but they probably dont know that... however last year they confiscated my lithium grease and stan sealant. Id hate to throw out my spare shock... :banghead:

I guess I could just leave it here in Idaho... Any one know of any 05 fox DHX shocks blowing?

Connundrum1

Monkey
Mar 11, 2005
Gold River, Sac Town, CA
safest is to leave it behind. you could try taking it in but theres a chance they just take it from you and that doesn't sound too appealing. some airports have mail back kiosks that you can put stuff in big envelopes and pay a whole bunch and it just ships it home for you. my vote is just hope the dhx lasts.

The Toninator

Muffin
Jul 6, 2001
High(ts) Htown
if you check the bag you wont have a problem. also no Carmex in your carry on. you should also check drug bottles like aspirin etc.
if it's not clothes, books or electronic's, i'd check it.
The Terrornator.

dante

Unabomber
Feb 13, 2004
looking for classic NE singletrack
best thing to try to get through security are clipless pedals. has thrown up a red flag every time I've brought them on the plane (riding clothes, helmet, pedals and shoes come with me, everything else can get lost for all I care :biggrin: ), including last year's interbike. going out was a long procedure, but coming back afterwards it went sort of like this at the screening table:

screener - stops the conveyer belt at my bag, stares intently, calls the boss over.

boss - "oh yeah, those are pedals, something about them attaching to shoes. we've seen a whole bunch of those today..."

:busted: