Quantcast

Will you look at this! (Not a hasselhoff picture, I promise)

laura

DH_Laura
Jul 16, 2002
Glitter Gulch
Now I know that everyone is sick of people complaining about the heat. and I am sick of complaining about the heat too because I live in the south and I should get over it. But I drag my ass out of bed every morning at 4 am so that I can beat the heat and get a run in. I am making a feeble attempt to train for a half marathon. This is what I wake up to this morning at 4.30. So much for beating the heat. feels like 85! humidity 73%! How is it possible after being dark for 8 hours that it is STILL 81º outside?

Guess it's time for more, incredibly boring, weight training.

Attachments

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
It is 78 degrees right now. The high today will be 101 and 85% humidity.

I am going to lay real still today.

I Are Baboon

Vagina man
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
laura said:
Now I know that everyone is sick of people complaining about the heat. and I am sick of complaining about the heat too because I live in the south and I should get over it. But I drag my ass out of bed every morning at 4 am so that I can beat the heat and get a run in. I am making a feeble attempt to train for a half marathon. This is what I wake up to this morning at 4.30. So much for beating the heat. feels like 85! humidity 73%! How is it possible after being dark for 8 hours that it is STILL 81º outside?

Guess it's time for more, incredibly boring, weight training.

But what if it's 85 on marathon day? You gonna weight train instead on that day too? Go hit the pavement! :D

Hey, what's wrong with weight training? I did some last night.

laura

DH_Laura
Jul 16, 2002
Glitter Gulch
I Are Baboon said:
But what if it's 85 on marathon day? You gonna weight train instead on that day too? Go hit the pavement! :D

Hey, what's wrong with weight training? I did some last night.
the marathon is in december, if its 85, you'd better believe I will be hunkering down. Armageddon baby.

Weight training is boring. I like to be outside.

laura

DH_Laura
Jul 16, 2002
Glitter Gulch
douglas said:
81/85 and no sun..sounds like god weather for some exercise

you must have missed the 73% humidity. You run in it and let me know how it goes. In 73% humidity you don't sweat, water from the air condenses on your skin trapping your own heat in like a deadly wet blanket of death and heat and moisture.

splat

Nam I am
laura said:
you must have missed the 73% humidity. You run in it and let me know how it goes. In 73% humidity you don't sweat, water from the air condenses on your skin trapping your own heat in like a deadly wet blanket of death and heat and moisture.
Last Night When I rode home from work , it was 92 degrees and 82 % humidity, with a Dew point of 77 degrees , I got home and went in to the woods to do trail work .

was 85 and 65 % when I rode in this morning , felt great !

supposse to be high 90's tonight when I leave to ride home.

suck it up princess.

dhbuilder

jingoistic xenophobe
Aug 10, 2005
look at it this way.

while you're out there traing in the blistering heat, (or freezing cold, depending on what time of year you're in.) what are your competitors up to ?

still sleeping, i'd say.
or sucking up the a/c.

laura

DH_Laura
Jul 16, 2002
Glitter Gulch
splat said:
Last Night When I rode home from work , it was 92 degrees and 82 % humidity, with a Dew point of 77 degrees , I got home and went in to the woods to do trail work .

was 85 and 65 % when I rode in this morning , felt great !

supposse to be high 90's tonight when I leave to ride home.

suck it up princess.

I should have known a bunch of cyclists wouldn't get it.

laura

DH_Laura
Jul 16, 2002
Glitter Gulch
dhbuilder said:
look at it this way.

while you're out there traing in the blistering heat, (or freezing cold, depending on what time of year you're in.) what are your competitors up to ?

still sleeping, i'd say.
or sucking up the a/c.
oh hahahahaha. there will be no competition. I'm not even a contender. My competition is myself and well, you are right, myself was soaking up the AC this morning.

dhbuilder

jingoistic xenophobe
Aug 10, 2005
laura said:
oh hahahahaha. there will be no competition. I'm not even a contender. My competition is myself and well, you are right, myself was soaking up the AC this morning.
hopefully not looking at more hasselhoff photos.

MudGrrl

AAAAH! Monkeys stole my math!
Mar 4, 2004
Boston....outside of it....
I get it.

I woke up this morning and went running at 530.
It was hot and sticky..... but soooo much better than trying to run in the afternoon.

The worst part was the fact that after I took a cold shower, I was STILL hot.

laura

DH_Laura
Jul 16, 2002
Glitter Gulch
MudGrrl said:
I get it.

I woke up this morning and went running at 530.
It was hot and sticky..... but soooo much better than trying to run in the afternoon.

The worst part was the fact that after I took a cold shower, I was STILL hot.
I HATE that. I will get out of the shower and still be sweating.I should have just gone today. I'm going to have to do it tomorrow so I'm just prolonging the agony. But friday I get a pedicure (my first and probably last) because its my mom's birthday so that should make my running feet smile for a while.

laura

DH_Laura
Jul 16, 2002
Glitter Gulch
splat said:
How running about after sunset ? or are you worried about running while the "freaks" are out ?

there's more freaks out at 4 than after sunset. I get in the bed before it gets dark. After the sun goes down would be better because at least a little of the humidty is still burned off from the sun being out all day. I run without complaint most of the time but its just been so long without a nice cool-ish run. And I am feeling really whiney today because I didn't get my run in. I kind of need a run like a 3 year old needs a nap.

Full Trucker

Frikkin newb!!!
Feb 26, 2003
Exit, CO
SkaredShtles said:
Apparently we're going to be lucky to hit 81 at all today. :p
Wanna hit a Front Range ride later this afternoon? I've got some Hercules Double IPA I can bring for the post ride scene...