Quantcast

Willits WOW Fork

Guitar Ted

Monkey
Aug 21, 2006
Waterloo, IA
I have a Willits WOW CroMoly steel fork on test and have mounted it on my Raleigh XXIX+G. It's big claim to fame is that it has "vertical compliance", which is supposed to smooth out the trail just a bit for you.

I can say that there is definitely something going on here, but more rides will have to be put in before I can finally say what I think of the claims.

Guitar Ted

Monkey
Aug 21, 2006
Waterloo, IA
I rode this on some really rough trail, and I can say it is a very nice fork. It certainly has some give, and it would appear that most of it is in fact in a vetical plane. However; the bump absorbed is returned back in an undamped form, so be aware if you ride rough terrain.

This isn't a huge problem, but if you manage to g-out this fork, it'll launch off line in a hurry. I'm talkin about a bump that bends the blades enough that when they spring back, it's rather surprising. You really have to "nose pick" it to get this situation, but it can happen.

More after I get in some more rides.

MMcG

Ride till you puke!
Dec 10, 2002
Burlington, Connecticut
I don't think it would be a great choice for around my neck of the woods then. We've got lots of rocks that might cause this "rebound" effect.