Quantcast

Wilmington/Whiteface Bike Fest/Kyle Ebbett Jump Jam June 16 - June 19

downhill mike

Turbo Monkey
Mar 23, 2005
This Thursday June 16 thru Sunday June 19 the town of Wilmington, N.Y. is rolling out the red carpet for all kinds of cyclists. Disciplines & races include: Downhill, dirt jumps, trials, pump track, cross country, mt. unicyclist, Whiteface Uphill Road Race and the Wilmington/Whiteface 100 which is the 1st qualifier for this years Leadville 100!

Many events including the instruction from the pros for dirt jump, pump track, downhill, trials and x-c are free of charge. Evenings will be filled with welcoming parties and fun contests for all including: Huffy Horseshoes, Brainless not Chainless Gravity Ride and the Best Calves Contest.

Information including: Official Program Guide, where to stay and how to get a free lift pass for Sunday can be found on www.downhillmike.com

See ya at the Bike Fest

Last edited:

Jim Mac

MAKE ENDURO GREAT AGAIN
May 21, 2004
the middle east of NY
Myself and the fam. be in attendance, but i have a question for you, Mike-If you shuttle Ewan and myself up to the pumptrack, can we also catch a ride back down? I'd like to bring him up there to have him ride it (and think he'd have a blast!), but getting down for an almost 4 year old on a push bike is another story...

downhill mike

Turbo Monkey
Mar 23, 2005
Jim,
Today I will be making the beginner trail down from the pump track. I just use a weed wacker and traverse across the ski trail Lower Valley. That's the ski trail on the bottom you always see when the gondola 1st starts going up. One small section in the woods, but it's the only woods section without any roots. Probably 'cause it just hasn't been ridden enough. Ewan should be fine.

Ewan should def enter this contest!

Jim Mac

MAKE ENDURO GREAT AGAIN
May 21, 2004
the middle east of NY
I'm sure he'd love to do that ride, but his push bike only has "foot brakes"...and he's worn out 2 pairs of shoes this spring thus far! Dad votes NO after chasing him down the fire roads of Plattekill..

downhill mike

Turbo Monkey
Mar 23, 2005
The weather forecast for the Kyle Ebbett Jump Jam and the Wilmington/Whiteface Bike Fest is a high of 73 and sunny!

See ya at The Face!