Quantcast

Wilson 9.17

Grizzle

Monkey
Sep 7, 2005
La Crescenta, CA
I live near wilson, but i've never done it. Im assuming you drop a vehicle at chaney, and take the shuttle vehicle to red box? Im down to ride on the 17th as well, and i have a 5 bike + 5 person total carrying capacity. I can drive if people can pitch in for gas, assuming im invited, hehe. Its not that im greedy, just that my truck gets about 13 MPG driving in the crest.

Ciaran

Fear my banana
Apr 5, 2004
So Cal
Grizzle said:
I live near wilson, but i've never done it. Im assuming you drop a vehicle at chaney, and take the shuttle vehicle to red box? Im down to ride on the 17th as well, and i have a 5 bike + 5 person total carrying capacity. I can drive if people can pitch in for gas, assuming im invited, hehe. Its not that im greedy, just that my truck gets about 13 MPG driving in the crest.
You can end at chaney if you want but we usually take the horse trail from there to Alt Loma and something or other. We leave the shuttle car at the "JPL Parking lot" (as it has come to be called) on Windsor.

I'll be running Wilson this weekend sometime but I don't know when. It depends on how much other work I can get done.

bfranke said:
I'm hip to it, as long as it doesn't turn into one of those 6 hour rides that usually can be done in 2 or so.
I hear ya. By yourself you can run it in about an hour. With a group it's an all day affair. (Which is fun once in a while).

Grizzle

Monkey
Sep 7, 2005
La Crescenta, CA
so lets start to finalize this if we can, who all is gonna go this sat? (the 17th). We should get this nailed down with times and all that if we can. I know i wanna go, im jonesin to ride.

skatetokil

Turbo Monkey
Jan 2, 2005
DC/Bluemont VA
I'm in to ride sat. but is it possible to leave at a more humane hour? I know that to get to altadena from corona by 8 you have to wake up at like 6, and I have no desire to get up before 7 on a saturday myself. Lets say 9:30 ot 10:00 eh?

I have boozing to attend to and all.

Grizzle

Monkey
Sep 7, 2005
La Crescenta, CA
Im fine with leaving at like 9:30, i dunno about everyone else. I personally have never ridden that trail before, so i hope someone is going that knows the way.

Ciaran

Fear my banana
Apr 5, 2004
So Cal
downhillzeypher said:
This is getting kinda big... but be forewarned that there will be minimal breaks. We won't be stopping at the hotel or the road.
If you have more than 5 people or if anyone is on a big bike or is in less then stellar shape I highly recommend stopping for 10 minutes at the hotel. It allows the slower riders to catch up and let's you catch your breath before you hit the climb (which is less then a mile).

Ciaran

Fear my banana
Apr 5, 2004
So Cal
bfranke said:
I'll be there and have no problem with no breaks, big bike and all. Makes for stonger riders in the end :thumb:
Yeah man, but you're like Superman. :p

I have to help move The Dad this sat, otherwise I would go. Should be great though, it's been cloudy in the mornings this past week with clouds all over the top of the mountain. Early morning should be really nice up there on Saturday.

markskee

Chimp
Aug 26, 2005
Los Angeles
So 8:00a.m. Saturday morning is final right? If so, is it to late to hop on board I have a car with a rack for the shuttle. Let me know who ever is organizeing this!

Feb 14, 2004
SoCal
PM's have been sent out. SHUTTLE LEAVES AT 8AM SHARP! If you don't see us there, then get you arse in your car and get up on own!

*red tacoma*

skatetokil

Turbo Monkey
Jan 2, 2005
DC/Bluemont VA
skatetokil said:
I'm in to ride sat. but is it possible to leave at a more humane hour? I know that to get to altadena from corona by 8 you have to wake up at like 6, and I have no desire to get up before 7 on a saturday myself. Lets say 9:30 ot 10:00 eh?

I have boozing to attend to and all.

Like I said, 8:00 is a bad idea. As mike and I discovered, DHZ is terminally late. He probably got to the parking lot "like 10 min after you left."

bfranke

Monkey
Feb 9, 2004
San Diego
downhillzeypher said:
PM's have been sent out. SHUTTLE LEAVES AT 8AM SHARP! If you don't see us there, then get you arse in your car and get up on own.
We freaking waited until 8:20!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Didn't ever see a red tacoma at the top or bottom when we finished. What a flake!

Ciaran

Fear my banana
Apr 5, 2004
So Cal
downhillzeypher said:
hey sorry everyone. I got called into work early. Really wanted to go, but we were short people.
Ahhhh.. man. When you are leading a ride you have to NOT ANSWER THE PHONE if there is a chance work might call you in. Or, "Sorry, my grandma died yesterday". You owe them free double doubles. :p