Quantcast

Wilson's Creek - A little help...please

Shart

Chimp
Aug 8, 2008
Hello all. We are planning a trip up to the Brevard area August 21-24. I am somewhat familiar with the area and have done a good bit of research to plan out rides for the trip. On the 23rd, we want to make the haul over to Wilson's Creek. From what I have read, it is very easy to get lost so I am asking if a kind soul would be willing to guide us around. I would like to offer something in exchange, possibly food, beer, and maybe even a ride up there from Brevard if the driving situation works out so that we have room for you. Please shoot me a pm if you are interested.

drkenan

anti-dentite
Oct 1, 2006
west asheville
If I don't go to the Snowshoe race that weekend I may be able to meet up with you for a Wilson's ride. Do you primarily ride XC or more DH type stuff?

JohnBoy

Monkey
Jan 15, 2007
If I don't go to the Snowshoe race that weekend I may be able to meet up with you for a Wilson's ride. Do you primarily ride XC or more DH type stuff?

Kenan, the race is the following weekend if Im not mistaken??? (29th - 31st)(http://www.snowshoemtn.com/todo/events/calendar/aug08/Bike+Race+3.htm) I know you dont like me anymore, but didnt we just talk about riding Paris Mnt next weekend?, and Dave and you said you would be at the race the following weekend. Im just saying, have you been drinking? Do we need an intervention? If somehow we could do Wilsons Saturday and then Paris mountain Sunday, I may be up for that, but just not sure we could work both out in one weekend, its alot of driving. Great ride today!

drkenan

anti-dentite
Oct 1, 2006
west asheville
Oh crap - my mental calendar is off I guess. For some reason I thought the dates on question were 2 weeks from this weekend, not next one. Well we may be able to work it out regardless.

Yeah I've been drinking ever since you left my presence today. I can't stand the thought of being apart for another week. :cupidarrow:

Jun 11, 2004
If I don't go to the Snowshoe race that weekend I may be able to meet up with you for a Wilson's ride.
BUT........you are going to SS! Your doctor called and said that would be the perfect REHAB!! :lighten:

If somehow we could do Wilsons Saturday and then Paris mountain Sunday, I may be up for that, but just not sure we could work both out in one weekend, its alot of driving.
That would be a SICK weekend of riding!

Great ride today!
Oh yeah.......got my FIX today fo sho! Was awesome doing some more "testing" on the new ride! Not to mention dining with "Friends" afterwards.............

Shart

Chimp
Aug 8, 2008
We have a group of 5 coming from Nashville, so most of us have primarily an XC background. We are all on 5''-6'' travel bikes, at least 3 of us have been to Windrock before and do enjoy that type of riding, we just don't have it readily available within a reasonable driving distance. We are certainly interested in doing a little shuttling. Hopefully, we won't be too out of place.

Shart

Chimp
Aug 8, 2008
Gonna bump this up one more time before we head for the mountains tomorrow morning. If anyone is interested hit my cellio some time before Saturday. nine3one - two6oh- four1three7.