Quantcast

Wilson's Creek ride correction

MTB_Rob_NC

What do I have to do to get you in this car TODAY?
Nov 15, 2002
Charlotte, NC
A little correction to the guys I was riding with on Saturday (Great ride btw..) For some reason my Garmin never has "all" of the information on the screen, it isnt until I get it home to Upload it that you get the true stats...

Greentown to Beehive...
Total Time (h:m:s) 2:15:26 21:46 pace
Moving Time (h:m:s) 1:01:58 9:57 pace
Distance (mi ) 6.22
Moving Speed (mph) 6.0 avg. 32.8 max.
Elevation Gain (ft) +1,028 / -2,347

http://trail.motionbased.com/trail/activity/7392226

Be sure to check a few things, click on the Elevation link, gotta love that basically 200' verticle drop between 5.75 and 6 miles. Then click on the speed. There is one section where we are above 20mph for a good 1/4 mile, and another one where we are above 30 for an 1/8th.

Headley
Total Time (h:m:s) 0:15:59 7:36 pace
Moving Time (h:m:s) 0:10:04 4:47 pace
Distance (mi ) 2.10
Moving Speed (mph) 12.5 avg. 43.4 max.
Elevation Gain (ft) +191 / -1,116

http://trail.motionbased.com/trail/activity/7392225

Unfortunately you gotta ignore the 43.4 max speed. It must have picked up an error because it is right at the very beggining. Anyway, lots of time above 20mph. Good times.

rewster

Monkey
Feb 3, 2007
charlotte nc
anybody find my phone? i suspect i will arrive at dirtmounds to find a small animal gnawing on it. surely a chase will ensue. i'll be left with only my primal instincts to stalk the beast. this should take a while

jackalope

Mental acuity - 1%
Jan 9, 2004
in a single wide, cooking meth...
"32.8 mph" on Greentown or Beehive?! Wow, that's cooking...Do you know where you hit that value? If it's on Greentown in wet conditions, my hat is off to you. Otherwise, there seems to be a few spots at the beginning of Beehive you could manage that. Regardless, glad you had a good time.

danielsapp414

Monkey
Mar 27, 2005
Boone, NC
at the start of beehive it wouldn't be that hard to easily hit over 30mph, there are also places on greentown that you could get close to that....where were ya'll starting Headley's? At the cut at the start of the dh or at the top?

MTB_Rob_NC

What do I have to do to get you in this car TODAY?
Nov 15, 2002
Charlotte, NC
"32.8 mph" on Greentown or Beehive?! Wow, that's cooking...Do you know where you hit that value? If it's on Greentown in wet conditions, my hat is off to you. Otherwise, there seems to be a few spots at the beginning of Beehive you could manage that. Regardless, glad you had a good time.

Yep, if you go to that link you can see it. I am pretty sure it is the second part of the first descent on Beehive.

where were ya'll starting Headley's? At the cut at the start of the dh or at the top?
At the cut. I had an old run of Headleys where I had a max speed of 36mph, as I was pedaling my arse off to keep up with Necker.

Someone else was infront of me this time :brows: