Quantcast

Wilson's was kicking this weekend!

MTB_Rob_NC

What do I have to do to get you in this car TODAY?
Nov 15, 2002
Charlotte, NC
I was out there both Sat & Sun and saw a bunch of familiar faces.

After riding Raspberry -> Greentown -> Beehive and then Headley on Saturday, the climb out of Raspberry on Sunday almost killed me. But not before I got like 5 or so runs down Headley.

I'd really like to drop in on the top of Headley one of these times.

FCLinder

Turbo Monkey
Mar 6, 2002
Greenville, South Carolina
I was out there both Sat & Sun and saw a bunch of familiar faces.

After riding Raspberry -> Greentown -> Beehive and then Headley on Saturday, the climb out of Raspberry on Sunday almost killed me. But not before I got like 5 or so runs down Headley.

I'd really like to drop in on the top of Headley one of these times.
Glad you guys had fun. I have been wanting to do all those trails in one run.
I only got to ride at Pairs Mt. this weekend. Still had fun running the lower part of the Super D. :biggrin:

MTB_Rob_NC

What do I have to do to get you in this car TODAY?
Nov 15, 2002
Charlotte, NC
You're already dropping in on the best part of the trail.....everything else is just filler until you get to the DH anyways......

Filler can be good. I am pretty sure that it starts from that big turn off/parking area a bit up the road. There is a lot of elevation gain on the road to get there, so even if there is a climb or 2 it could be additional fun!

drkenan

anti-dentite
Oct 1, 2006
west asheville
Wish I could've made it back out on Sunday. After all that climbing on Saturday I don't know if I could've done anything except Headley though.

JohnBoy

Monkey
Jan 15, 2007
Yeah man, I was pretty sore on Sunday. More my back than my legs, and thats strange considering how bad my right quad was cramping on Saturday, guess Im just getting old.

Oct 9, 2006
Sucks we missed you guys on saturday, I spent all friday night until 1am replacing a strut on a toyota tundra that sheared off the day before running shuttle. We did however make it out on sunday and rode a few laps on hedley and then went over to Greentown/Beehive trail, that first steep section is awesome. Got to the climb and made it about a fifth of the way to the top and snapped my chain and nobody had a chain tool...pushed the rest of the up hill and had the best time coasting down that last section to the car....my first time down that trail...it was bad a$$!! I found a cell phone on the climb...so if anybody knows someone who lost one let me know...looks like it might have been out there a few days..really wet so I dried it out.

JohnBoy

Monkey
Jan 15, 2007
Yeah man Greentown is one of the best, it just needs to be alot longer. That sux about your chain, but coming down Beehive there aint many parts you need a chain anyway. Jeff and I want to try and hit Greenslick this weekend, hopefully the weather is good, that trail doesnt look like it would be much fun if it was wet, but if we dont do that we will be riding somewhere.

Jun 11, 2004
So was it too much climbing.....Rasberry......Greentown........Beehive?

Or would you guys do that run again?

I would definately like to try that sometime..............

You guys sound pretty whipped! :nopity:

Jeremy R

<b>x</b>
Nov 15, 2001
behind you with a snap pop
Yeah man Greentown is one of the best, it just needs to be alot longer. That sux about your chain, but coming down Beehive there aint many parts you need a chain anyway. Jeff and I want to try and hit Greenslick this weekend, hopefully the weather is good, that trail doesnt look like it would be much fun if it was wet, but if we dont do that we will be riding somewhere.
If you have never ridden Greenslick, I would make sure it was dry first. It rides totally different when wet. Like a wet BMX track.:disgust1:
But dry it is :weee:

JeffKill

Monkey
Jun 21, 2006
Charlotte, NC
If you have never ridden Greenslick, I would make sure it was dry first. It rides totally different when wet. Like a wet BMX track.:disgust1:
But dry it is :weee:
Thats what we've heard. We'll keep an eye on the weather and talk to a couple locals up there before we head that way. If its too wet there, we'll be up at Wilsons as usual.

Salami

Turbo Monkey
Jul 17, 2003
Waxhaw, NC
Sunday was definitely a killer ride!!! Awesome weather to boot. Ran into Bo and Moffet on Headly. Mo supposedly killed the log jump, nice work!!

The only ****ty thing was hurting my knee.