Quantcast

Wind Rock season opener????????

BKQuill

Turbo Monkey
Dec 19, 2004
Rangers Lead the Way
I think the offical opener is April 27-29th, but that's only a guess on my part. I think that's the weekend that the HGR guys (and gals) are coming down from "the Great Lake State". Also a bunch of us from the Carolina's and Georgia are planning on being there.

ChrisKring

Turbo Monkey
Jan 30, 2002
Grand Haven, MI
Yes, that's the weekend we are coming down. Any earlier is not a guarantee on riding due to the weather and trail construction. No one gets to ride until after Joey and his crew (one or two other people) get to ride the new trails.

On that note, if you like the new trails (or even if you don't), throw a few bucks to Joey for his gas/tool fund. That guy spends a ton of his own cash and a lot of sweat so we have a good place to ride.

dhbuilder

jingoistic xenophobe
Aug 10, 2005
just got back from up there.

been running barbed wire along some of the sections of the windmill trailhead.
amazing where i've been locating the a.t.v. tire tracks as they sniff out a way to get in to where they know they don't belong.

brian, mark webb and i are in a push to get the windmill and new trail ridable a.s.a.p.
when we're not sleeping or working, that's where we've been of late.

i don't even want to think about all the hours we've put in up there this time around.
i've been up there every weekend since the first of november and most wednesdays.
and quite a few five or six days in a row sessions.

brian has done the same.
he works nights and goes home and grabs a few hours of sleep and gets up there and works till just enough time to get home shower up and go back to work.
day after day.
everyone needs to meet him and give tons of props to his effort up here.
i can't do without him.

as for the rest of the locals..............

dhbuilder

jingoistic xenophobe
Aug 10, 2005
I've been 4wheeling lately.
that and the fact that this has been the winter that never materialized.
letting you guys ride just about non-stop.

hardly any rain or freezing temps.

right now the rock is powder dry.
i had meth mouth after sunday's leafblowing session.

Jeremy R

<b>x</b>
Nov 15, 2001
behind you with a snap pop
that and the fact that this has been the winter that never materialized.
letting you guys ride just about non-stop.

hardly any rain or freezing temps.

right now the rock is powder dry.
i had meth mouth after sunday's leafblowing session.
Yep, Pisgah is actually too dry right now,
and I don't even want to talk about my crumbling fart dust dirt jumps that used to be red clay.:disgust1:
I just bought a flower waterer for them out of desperation.:twitch:

dhbuilder

jingoistic xenophobe
Aug 10, 2005
i know what you mean.

we've built a section that has a jump onto a step on-step off into a hard left-right turn over big rocks.
weeks of dirtwork was put into the section.
and it initially packed as hard as concrete.
sunday as i was walking down to it, it was almost all powder.

we're about 10 inches behind on rain going back into the fall.
believe it or not, the place (especially the new trail)is too DRY to be ridden by the masses just yet.

oldskoolbiker

Monkey
Aug 19, 2005
Alexandria, VA
Somebody decide soon when the season opener is, I've got to go down to Pigeon Forge sometime in April and I want to head to Windrock during this trip. It would be great to go to Windrock when there are lots of other people to ride with. I'll gladly chip in on Gas or whatever to support the shuttle.

bizutch

Delicate CUSTOM flower
Dec 11, 2001
Over your shoulder whispering
Somebody decide soon when the season opener is, I've got to go down to Pigeon Forge sometime in April and I want to head to Windrock during this trip. It would be great to go to Windrock when there are lots of other people to ride with. I'll gladly chip in on Gas or whatever to support the shuttle.
plus we've all got to catch up on our forearm pump skills...

dhbuilder

jingoistic xenophobe
Aug 10, 2005
When will "THE ROCK" be opening for the season, we can't wait to check out the new "CHUTE" in person.
back to the original question.

not a whole lot will be fully ready before the end of april.
that last weekend would be a good bet.

dhbuilder

jingoistic xenophobe
Aug 10, 2005
yeah.
i was talking to ben earlier about that.

i realize they had that house and the life development center to think about.
but the dozer does 100 times more damage than a leaf fire would do.
let it burn.

all their trail work won't go up in flames.
but that dozer sure would make a mess of things.

Apr 10, 2006
East TN
so the end of april, can't wait!!!! Doug when are you and Ben coming down to LORINO again? We have been out there the last couple Thursdays, it's alittle loose but still good riding.

spoke80

Turbo Monkey
Nov 12, 2001
Now where did I put my cruiser???? Looks like a wash out as far as the forecast.

Apr 10, 2006
East TN
got any ideas? 303 perhaps!!! cool man we will see ya soon I am going to pack up the gear and the bikes pick up the kids and go to Lorino and hope we beat the rain.