Quantcast

Windham 2010 World Course Pictures

Eastern States Cup

Turbo Monkey
Feb 29, 2008
East Coast
There's been a lot of talk about the Windham World Cup Course lately. Here's some pics just of the sections that they are going to use. Of course things may change but maybe you'll get an idea. (sorry, had to delete the first thread, couldn't believe I spelled Windham wrong!)

and a few more

and yet more

saved the best for last

Last edited:

Eastern States Cup

Turbo Monkey
Feb 29, 2008
East Coast
Windham, USAC and the UCI have all confirmed. There was a slight hump but all parties worked together to make sure this will happen.

Look for more UCI races at Plattekill in 2011 now that we are getting sorted for our one in 2010.

We are in the process of moving our UCI Race date earlier in the season so points can be used for Windham.

Also make plans to visit or camp at Plattekill during World Cup week and keep your eyes out for a very special event during the World Cup Week. You won't want to miss this !! We will be open late every day that week for freeriding.

Muttely

Monkey
Jan 26, 2009
Wow, it looks steep, loose and rocky, im sure the WC boys will make a damn fine race out of it, and i bet itll get seeeeriously rutted and holed up come race day, should make a very, very rough course!!

jnooth

Monkey
Sep 19, 2008
Vermont Country
the top section is way steeper then photos make it look. and the whole track is really fast and flows well... it may not look overly technical but at speed it is. :thumb:

I'm also equally as pumped for the plattekill UCI race. glad to see its getting moved earlier. Any ideas when it will be or is it still to early?

gemini2k

Turbo Monkey
Jul 31, 2005
San Francisco
the top section is way steeper then photos make it look. and the whole track is really fast and flows well... it may not look overly technical but at speed it is. :thumb:

I'm also equally as pumped for the plattekill UCI race. glad to see its getting moved earlier. Any ideas when it will be or is it still to early?
Anyone know what the average grade is on it? How long is it/how much vert is it. Could be interesting. I wonder if they're gonna put any rocky sections in it or just keep it fast. might be fun to head out there to ride and watch.

Last edited:

jvnixon

Turbo Monkey
May 14, 2006
SickLines.com
Do you know if this rock in the course again?

-Photo by that Rufus character who now carries his own gear

How late is Platty staying open each day for freeridin?

davetrump

Turbo Monkey
Jul 29, 2003
i really really hope that they have the same conditions for the WC that we had in August.... That track was a ton of fun and super fast in the dry, but when we raced the same sections in the mudd back in June it was pretty boggy and slow.

a few changes here and there to make things flow better... like some of the too tight stuff near the bottom that was just kind of slow and those stream bed crossings that would awesome if they built in some jumps over them to carry speed would be a huge help in "weather proofing" the course.

George are the top pics from 2008? i don't remember it be so loamy in 09.

and the second to last pic actually makes that jump look big despite the fact it needed the landing to be 15ft further out at race speed.

drkenan

anti-dentite
Oct 1, 2006
west asheville
How far is Plattekill from Windham? I've been meaning to get up there and this sounds like the perfect time.

We should do a RM WC party. :D

5150dhbiker

Turbo Monkey
Nov 5, 2007
Santa Barbara, CA
Hopefully I'll be racing there if I don't hurt myself again. REALLY hoping my training will pay off. If not, then I'll probably be out there watching!
Looks like exactly my type of riding too :D

willem

Monkey
Jan 29, 2005
The forth picture down is me! That is from 2008. I think I crashed right into that tree.

Looks fun. I am very exited to be at that event this coming summer. I will be shooting footage all weekend for sure!

Thanks for posting.

Sghost

Turbo Monkey
Jul 13, 2008
NY
Thanks for sharing pics, the parts in the trees look pretty interesting. Is the soil always as loose as it looks?
It's really dependent on the weather, but its always however it looks.

How far is Plattekill from Windham? I've been meaning to get up there and this sounds like the perfect time.

We should do a RM WC party. :D
25 min hanging it out a little bit with minimal traffic.

ska todd

Turbo Monkey
Oct 10, 2001

Sweet! I made George's highlights reel :D

Any pics of Gerritt casing that last jump on the race run? That was the manliest move of the weekend.

-ska todd

davetrump

Turbo Monkey
Jul 29, 2003

Sweet! I made George's highlights reel :D

Any pics of Gerritt casing that last jump on the race run? That was the manliest move of the weekend.

-ska todd
i know there is video somewhere... night be on the link posted in this thread earlier but i am too lazy to look. I think higgerson's crash off the same jump is in there as well.

jnooth

Monkey
Sep 19, 2008
Vermont Country
^ ^ ^both are in that vid.... i would like to have seen beytaghs run on the upper half of the course because i saw him with a flat about 2/3 of the way down (not sure how far above me it happened) and he still put up a good time. something like 3:21 or something. and watching him go for the doubles with a flat was epic.

William42

fork ways
Jul 31, 2007
Hopefully I'll be racing there if I don't hurt myself again. REALLY hoping my training will pay off. If not, then I'll probably be out there watching!
Looks like exactly my type of riding too :D
good luck man! hope it goes well for you!

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
Yes, Windham is in the Catskill mountains of NY.

To the best of my knowledge, they are currently only open on race weekends, but are looking into starting a regular lift access riding program.