Quantcast

Windham Schedule and Opportunities

WWCG2010

Chimp
Jun 24, 2010
Hey folks --

The Windham World Cup race starts this week!

There are still plenty of opportunities to join in, race the course, see some of the world's best riders and party with thousands of biking enthusiasts.

The citizen's race will give you a chance to test yourself against the mountain and some great riders and compete for prizes.

Online registration is still open and, of course, you can register at the mountain this week, too.

Please support this event -- we're working to make this a world class event in the US and need your help!

Visit us at www.RaceWindham.com for more information.

wfoerk

Chimp
Jan 6, 2010
I suck too much to race, but I'll be there making some noise for the guys that can ride!

foesrider

Chimp
Aug 30, 2002
north east mass.
I'll be there watching/taking some pics :headbang: ...riding at platty in between:rockout:

i can't believe this thread isn't much bigger.. seeing it's not every day you get to see a world cup race/racers in the states :disgust: where's all the racer fanboys now :confused:

foesrider

Chimp
Aug 30, 2002
north east mass.
maybe Thursday.. definitely Saturday...i'm gonna check out qualifying Rounds on Friday and hopefully finals on Sunday

right on! hope to see ya at platty seeing all my douche-bag riding buds bailed out ..i'm going lo budget solo..
can't miss me.. black aztech..white avy-888,

Last edited:

foesrider

Chimp
Aug 30, 2002
north east mass.
Goin' up Thursday - can't wait. All about supporting WC racing here in the US, and our US athletes - how awesome would it be for Gwin to take his first top spot?!?! Bring it!
:thumb: i don't race or even really follow racing.. but world cup level racing is awesome..nevermined the bike circus it brings along with it :cheers:

Jester

Monkey
Sep 13, 2001
Beverly, MA
Keep your eyes open for some local camping very close and priced right.
Do you have more information on this camping? Windham's website listed a bunch of campsites but they are all about 10 miles away. I would prefer not to ride my bicycle back to a campsite 10 miles away after getting hammerfaced at the mountain.

Sghost

Turbo Monkey
Jul 13, 2008
NY
The Windham cops are really good about picking up drunk people and driving them to a residence, especially if you ride bikes. You don't get arrested or anything.

zdubyadubya

Turbo Monkey
Apr 13, 2008
Ellicott City, MD
Hey Monkies!!!

Heading up to ride Platty Saturday and then head over to windham for sunday.

Thing is... coming by myself. Is there any peeps that want to ride and can show me around? I have never been to plattekill before or windham.

And the question never got answered, maybe the Delta House crew can chime in... what would be the best place to camp and/or stay saturday night?

sikocycles

Turbo Monkey
Feb 14, 2002
CT
I may ride Pkill Sunday morning to about 12:30 then head over to Windham. Anyone else doing this? Windam looks to be 45 mins away

Sandwich

Pig my fish!
Staff member
May 23, 2002
borcester rhymes
thinking plattekill saturday and then windham sunday afternoon. Camping is available on mountain at plattekill so that's probably what i'll do. the delta boys might be up to some zaniness, who knows.

Inclag

Turbo Monkey
Sep 9, 2001
MA
thinking plattekill saturday and then windham sunday afternoon. Camping is available on mountain at plattekill so that's probably what i'll do. the delta boys might be up to some zaniness, who knows.
Give me a buzz if you're at Windham on Sunday. I'll be up there with some of the Wachusett guys, my new tin man hardware, and some brews.