Quantcast

Windham USA World Cup…..on or off?!

Downhill.Ben

Chimp
May 18, 2009
Newcastle, England
Gradient has nothing (very lttle to do with it)

As has already been pointed out, Fort Bill and MSA aren't particularly steep. But the Fort was voted best DH event for years on the trott, and everyone always seems to enjoy MSA.

As long as it's not a pedalfest such as Camberra (and all reports say otherwise) then gradient shouldn't really matter.

Sandwich

Pig my fish!
Staff member
May 23, 2002
borcester rhymes
guy, it's sarcasm. It was a dumb thing to argue in the first place, and it's pretty clear that A) it's irrelevant, and B) the course will be plenty technical.

I was trying to make and e-joke, and I guess I e-failed.

Downhill.Ben

Chimp
May 18, 2009
Newcastle, England
guy, it's sarcasm. It was a dumb thing to argue in the first place, and it's pretty clear that A) it's irrelevant, and B) the course will be plenty technical.

I was trying to make and e-joke, and I guess I e-failed.
Thought you may have been. Sorry mate, but it's pretty hard to pick up on humour on forums... I made a good argument though;)

John Jameson

Chimp
Nov 12, 2009
Right side of the Sierras
I think that this thread is nothing more than evidence of our extreme withdrawls for DH racing in the winter months. Every point has been re-stated a dozen times, I am guilty as anyone. Personally, this is the only chance I get to discuss the WC, and it is always interesting the facts (or pseudo-facts) that you can stumble upon in these threads. Any other wildly debatable WC topic we can discuss since this discussion is (temporarily)dead?

Eastern States Cup

Turbo Monkey
Feb 29, 2008
East Coast
^^ The amount of f'king paperwork the UCI requires even for a Class 3 race. I've been working on the "Technical Guide" for our event off and on all day and still have a ton to do. The UCI website is also a joke, with no help what so ever. If it wasn't for USAC's help I don't think I could do it.

oh and it has to be submitted by Monday for a race next summer.

bizutch

Delicate CUSTOM flower
Dec 11, 2001
Over your shoulder whispering
So are they going to be super, super smart about this World Cup and host a regional event on the World Cup track to work out the kinks, let it bed in properly and be in shape for the race?

Or will this be a fresh cut, never ridden, World Cup pro guinea pig delight complete with monstrous hunks of sod in practice, followed by a bogged down, rutted final?

b1k3_r1d3r

Monkey
Jul 6, 2005
To my knowledge most course have to have some sort of UCI race on it prior to it being a WC. Also they are using some of the older course from GES/ProGRT races so yeah I would say some of it has been rode. They will most likely make a few changes though

davetrump

Turbo Monkey
Jul 29, 2003
To my knowledge most course have to have some sort of UCI race on it prior to it being a WC. Also they are using some of the older course from GES/ProGRT races so yeah I would say some of it has been rode. They will most likely make a few changes though

this has been beaten to death... the course will be the one used for the Pro GRT this past summer with a few minor changes and modifications. That event was and UCI E1 level event for exactly the reason you stated above.

let's stop finding reasons to hate on Windham and try being supportive :thumb:

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
I will now start construction my motorized beer cooler on wheels so that I can ride up to some spots, drink with my douchebag friends and not have to sweat at all. I wonder if there will be a Labatt Blue based obstacle? Will it be wrong to just black out next to the course over night?
fixed that for ya :D

davetrump

Turbo Monkey
Jul 29, 2003
wheres your patriotism? :rolleyes:

I have Canadian citizenship as well as US citizenship so I have dual patriotism...

I live, work, pay taxes, and vote in the USA because it is better for those things

I ride bikes in Canada because it is better for those things :D

IH8Rice

I'm Mr. Negative! I Fail!
Aug 2, 2008
Im over here now
I will now start construction my motorized beer cooler on wheels so that I can ride up to some spots, drink with my douchebag friends and not have to sweat at all. I wonder if there will be a Labatt Blue based obstacle? Will it be wrong to just sleep next to the course over night?
i was trying to build a bar stool racer/cooler, but the engine i have is beat

MasterofGroms

Monkey
Dec 4, 2008
NorthEastern US
Excuse me if I am out of the loop on this, but I heard from a fairly reputable source that Kelli Lusk told him directly that Wyndham is ON.

This conversation happened at 4pm EST today.

Is this true/confirmed/official yet?:confused::confused::confused:

Or is this more speculative heresay?:(

Despite all the drama I'd love for this to happen.:thumb:

Dying to know one way or another.

Eastern States Cup

Turbo Monkey
Feb 29, 2008
East Coast
see post #279

Excuse me if I am out of the loop on this, but I heard from a fairly reputable source that Kelli Lusk told him directly that Wyndham is ON.

This conversation happened at 4pm EST today.

Is this true/confirmed/official yet?:confused::confused::confused:

Or is this more speculative heresay?:(

Despite all the drama I'd love for this to happen.:thumb:

Dying to know one way or another.

Eastern States Cup

Turbo Monkey
Feb 29, 2008
East Coast
Believe me we're thrilled things were worked out. Good job all, esp the folks at USAC, UCI and Windham.

Keep an eye out for an announcement from Plattekill Bike Park regarding our plans for the week.

We're working on an event you won't want to miss !!!

For all those planning a trip to the race, plan on bringing your bikes. Plattekill Bike Park will be open all week and is very near by. Windham will not be open to the public for riding during this time. And if your looking for a cheap place to camp, we're it.